Chapter 2

Aurora

I was supposed to be meeting Caroline, Bonnie and Elena at the Grill for lunch today. I was older than them by a few years but still liked hanging out with them. Most of the time. It had been a bit over a week since Elijah and I had first slept together - not to mention basically confessed our love. We had seen each other every day since, even after the reaction from Damon and Stefan - which was not good. Not slept together every day since, but we had seen each other. Though, we had slept together a few of times since. But it had been a few days. Stefan and Damon wanted me to stay away from him, big surprise, but I didn't want to. They also thought I was an idiot for believing that Elijah loved me. (Damon's word, not Stefan's). Which resulted in Damon being held by the neck against the wall by Elijah. The whole conversation ended with us saying we would do whatever we wanted and Damon angrily storming out. Stefan, more calmly, followed. Damon and Stefan were some of my best friends and I really didn't want them upset with me but I wasn't going to stop seeing Elijah because they said to.

I spotted all of the girls over at a table and sat down to join them.

"Hey, we haven't seen you in a while." Elena said, pushing a glass of soda toward me they must have ordered earlier.

"It's only been a week." I said, taking a sip through the straw.

I spotted Rebekah and she sauntered over. I could never tell if she liked me or hated me. Well, she had only tried to kill me once. That was saying something, right? I think...

"So, I hear you're sleeping with my brother." She said. Damn, what the hell was that?

"Umm..."

"You know, you and your little friends have only been a nuisance. You're lucky he cares about you or you wouldn't live to see tomorrow." Well, then, I guess she didn't like me. She walked off and disappeared from sight.

"Excuse me?" Bonnie said, all of the girls turning to look at me. "Which brother?" She asked.

"Oh, please." Caroline said, flipping her hair over her shoulder. "The answer is so obvious." She turned to me. "Well? Tell them."

I said nothing.

Caroline sighed. "Elijah." She said quietly.

"What?" Bonnie and Elena said in unison.

Caroline turned to me. "Well? Am I wrong?"

"No." I said. They would have found out anyway, but part of me couldn't help thinking that telling them was a big mistake. I had to endure nearly an hour straight of hearing people tell me, once again, to stay away from him. Which I had no intention of doing.

The topic of conversation turned to the latest school dance, something I had absolutely no interest in. I leaned my head in my hand and was lost in a daze, distracting myself from talk of decorations and music.