•Chapter 11•

Jonathan's POV

We all ran to where we saw the werewolves. They were by my castle. I looked around frantically for my dad. I couldn't find him.

I looked back at the crew. Evan's friends turned into their wolf form. My friends bared their fangs. My eyes turned a dark blue.

"Let's go!" We all ran towards the castle. Our people were fighting each other. I ran in between two people and broke them up.

They looked at me confused. "Please, trust me. You both have families to care for." They looked at each other, taking in my words.

I used my super speed to break up as many people as I could. I wanted everything to stop. Why couldn't we just live in peace?

I looked around the open field. My heart shattered when I saw the body of my father. "DAD!!" I ran over to him, tears building up in my eyes.

At this point, I didn't care about anything or anyone. I placed his head in my lap. "Dad! Dad please wake up...this is f-funny."

I gently shook him. Nothing. Tears slipped from my eyes. He was all I had..I loved him, despite everything he did to me.

"Jon...he's gone." Luke said sadly. I held my dad's body close to my chest. Blood spilled from his neck. I knew a werewolf did this. "This is why I can't trust a werewolf!" I yell a little louder than expected. My voice was strained.

Evan whimpered. "Jonathan, calm down, please." I shake my head, trying not to break down on the spot.

"Evan...look at my dad. He's dead! He's all I had left of my mom!" My hands were shaking rapidly.

"That's not true Jon, you're a part of your mother." David said with his thick Irish accent.

"I'm not ready to rule my people....I'm never going to be a good king like him."  Evan grabbed both of my hands tightly.

"Jonathan, listen to me. You will be a good king, because you know why? Look at everyone." I took a second to look at the vampires and werewolves.

They were....standing together without any bared fangs or low growls. "We're all together, and it's not because of your dad. It's because of us. If you never crossed the border, none of this would've happened."

He was right. "I love you king Jonathan!" A little girl yelled. She was a  werewolf. "And you too king Evan!" A little vampire boy yelled.

I looked Evan in the eyes. "Rule the kingdom with me?" I smiled slightly. "Of course." We shared a sweet, loving kiss.

The crowd cheered as the people hugged each other. Maybe losing my dad wasn't all that bad.