V: Hang All The Mistletoe

"Elevator boy

"Elevator boy." Cinder calls out, a strain in the back of his throat as he feigns excitement at the sight of the brunette. "Adam, was it?"

"This is Adam van der Woodson. The one who is throwing the party to find a wife. The one you're fitting today." Cameron bites her lip, eyes widening at Cinder until he gets the hint to lighten up.

Cinder only straightens up, dark brow cocking as he fumbles with the sleeve of his sweater. "Sorta weird to throw a party to find a wife isn't it?" He scoffs before Cameron shoots him down with another threatening glare.

As the door closes behind the van der Woodsons, they wander into the center of the room, Cinder kicking out a small pedestal and sitting it next to the cream couch.

Adam only laughs at Cinder's earlier remarks, his brown eyes crinkling as he takes a step onto the pedestal. "It was my dad's idea actually. He likes the idea of the whole fairy tale ball thing." He chuckles again, a hand rustling through disheveled hair as he glances down at Cinder on the floor. "But what about you, Elevator boy." He mocks Cinder's phrase. "Will I be seeing you there?"

The blonde doesn't answer, merely getting to work measuring a piece of fabric against Adam's ankle.

"Cinder," Cameron steps in as her brother stays silently working. "Is so busy makin' preparations for everyone else that he won't be goin' to the ball. But my sister and I will be going, just like old times." She adds on, her fingertips slyly finding their way in front of her body to graze against Adam's dangling hand. "It's been a while since we got to just hang out, it'll be nice." The girl cocks her head, braids tumbling over her shoulders with the movement.

Adam casts her a sideways smile. "I'll be looking forward to seeing the two of you there." His voice is void of emotion, just a generic politeness to his tone as his eyes begin to wander to the floor, watching as Cinder continues to work on the fabrics.

"So what have you been up to since we last saw each other? It's only been 'bout eight years hasn't it?" Cameron nervously laughs.

There's a tightness in the air between the two of them. The way that Cameron word vomits around Adam, her body rocking on it's high heels or shifting from side to side as she impatiently waits for a response from him. Yet Adam seems completely disinterested, bored even, as he throws her a bone with a polite two words to get her off his back.

It's agonizing to watch to say the least.

"Cameron?" Cinder cuts in, eyes never leaving his work as he tugs at Adam's pant leg, sticking a pin between the two fabrics. "I'm actually going to need Adam to...um...to..." he struggles to come up with a lie convincing enough as Cameron eyes him with furrowed brows. "I need Adam to um.. to undress and to...secure his privacy..." really? Secure his privacy? "You're going to need to leave."