Seven

• richie •

   "sir billiam denbrough! how are you doing on this fine morning? with a... ahem, chum, are we?" i greeted bill, casting a glare at stanley uris, who was standing next to bill, holding his hand as if they had some kind of romance together that developed just last night. stanley didn't cast the same glare back, but i could tell he wanted to.

"oh, y-uh-yeah... stan, this is richie, richie, this is suh-stanley..." he introduced.

"well, hello, suh-stanley!" i grinned, remembering what beverly told me earlier. if anyone got too close to bill, i should tell her.

"...so that's what happened," i explained. "they were... fucking... holding hands! and they just met, probably! god..." i ranted, leaning back against the brick building behind me, putting the cigarette back to my lips.

as she thought, i inhaled the smoke. "stanley uris... you could uh, start some drama, spread a rumor... or just tell bill he already has a girlfriend."

i huffed in annoyance. "his parents are super religious, there's no way in hell theyd let him have a girlfriend. and bill's not that dumb... its suuuch a coincidence that they happened to be holding hands the same morning you told me if anyone got close to bill, i sh- ugh. romance is too much work, bev..."

she smiled softly, taking my shaky hand in her own. "it's worth it if you really love them, rich."

   ((short chapter, i know. the next one will be longer, i pwomise))