5.

Jade’s POV

                Sitting in the room alone with Liam was quite uncomfortable, everyone else has left the room, and he looks so solemn and stoic. I take a deep breath, and decide to take a jab at the situation.

                “Liam, why’d you drink so much last night?” I ask quietly. He looks up at me a frowns, “D—did you see all the hate on Twitter Jade? Did you see what they were saying about me?” Liam says sadly.

                “I did Liam, but I though you wouldn’t. Why did you go on Twitter, it’s only going to hurt you.” I say to him. He frowns, “But, I thought they’d understand, they’re fans…” He cries.

                “Yes, but at the end of the day Liam, you did cheat. And although I’m not mad at you that you cheated, it was still wrong. Would you want your fans to support or condone something that’s so wrong?” I ask him. He just shrugs.

                “Okay, so what if your fans were being racist would you support that? Or what if they were anti-homosexual? Or what if they bullied some fans because they weren’t as thin as the others? Would you condone that?” I ask him.

                “Of course not, those are horrible things! Just…like…cheating…” He says quietly. I nod, “And I’m not saying that what they are doing to you is fair, but them not understanding why you cheated is going to be a bit hard for them.” I explain to him.

                “But why do you understand Jade?” He asks. And I don’t know the answer to that, but I gather up the words to answer his question, “I don’t understand Liam, I’m sure you don’t even understand. But just because you had poor judgment and made a mistake…” I start off.

                “…choice.” Liam says cutting me off. I sigh, “Just because you made a choice, and a bad one at that. Doesn’t mean—doesn’t define, who you are.” I say to him. He just shakes his head, “It does! Because I’m a horrible person. When I got back together with Danielle, I was texting Sophia. It wasn’t in a flirtatious way, and I thought it didn’t bother Danielle. She was so afraid of losing me again, she didn’t want to say anything. But at the end of our relationship my actions spoke louder, and I made her feel like she wasn’t worth anything.” He says to me.

                “How do you know all of this?” I ask him. He just sighs, “I—I called her last night when I was drunk. I told her I miss her and still love her, and she said that I can’t toy with her heart like this.” He says to me.

                “And she’s right Liam. She has feelings too. Do you know how hard it was—maybe even is, for her to get over you? Liam you really need to think before you act, because you are making some bad choices.” I say to him.

                “I know…” He says.

                “And what is drinking going to solve? Liam you are an attractive, level-headed guy. Keep on drinking and your good looks and smarts won’t be here much longer.” I say bluntly to him.

                “You think I’m attractive?” He smiles. I roll my eyes and laugh, “That’s beyond the point I’m trying make Payne.” I say to him.

                “But you still think I’m still good looking, huh?” He says with a wink. I shake my head and give him a friendly push, “Oh Liam, stop trying to flirt when I’m trying to make a point.” I say laughing.