Labyrinthine

"Y/N." You heard Steve's voice just as you got down the jet with your bags. "How are you?" He asked, giving Tony a glare that told him they were going to have a talk pretty soon.

"I'm good." You sighed, knowing well that your 'vacation' was over and all of the drama would embrace you pretty soon. "Here." You said, handing over Steve your bags. Tony gave you a snickered look but you just shrugged and went to your room, Steve following behind with the bags.

You may be considered to be using him but wasn't it all even for him giving you a hard time? Of course to someone as an audience, rejecting Captain fucking America may seem pure idiocy but it was a completely different thing to live through the scenario. Say one don't like a particular something that most of the world seems to dig. The whole of their peer group likes that and considers you a fool to not give into it. We all have those few things that are worth rebelling against, right?

You had felt frustration, alone, tired and cornered with the whole situation. Everybody in the tower seemed to be on Steve's side and way too adamant on seeing you with him. Were they really so dumb to not see you having a hard time or was Steve Rogers really such an important man to make others lose their sensibility?

"Do you want me to unpack them too?" Steve asked as you two reached your room and he put the bags down.

"Um sure." You said and pulled out a fresh pair of clothes to wear for the dinner. "I'll just take a shower." You said and went to the bathroom, closing the door behind. You put the clothes on the stand and got in the shower. Even though you had taken a shower on the jet, you deliberately hadn't worn anything good. More time in your room meant less time for the dinner which was your goal after all.

Steve gulped as he heard the running water from the inside. He hadn't heard the door lock. His heart rate fastened as unfathomable thoughts ran through his head. He looked back and opened the door to the bathroom, getting in. He took a deep breath as he saw you naked through the glass. You were facing the other side and it was only when you turned around did you notice him. "Uh... should I hang the shirts or fold them?" He asked to cover for himself.

"What the fuck?" You almost yelled as you shut off the water and pulled the towel, tying it around your waist. "Get the fuck out!" You said, looking at Steve with disgust.

That was enough for him. For the one man that Steve loved with all of himself, the one man Steve put his guard down for was in front of him with that look on his face. He remembered the same look on people's faces when he had first joined the military and he wouldn't see that look on your face. Never. His expressions darkened as he took the clothes from the stand and held them to you. "I don't see why I can't be in here. It'll be a normal thing when we're in a relationship." He said, looking down at you with held back anger in his eyes.

"Steve." You took the clothes but looked down, not wanting to meet his stare. You felt unimaginably vulnerable in front of a buff man much taller and trained than you with a lust and infatuation that you had never seen before. "Please leave." You said in a much lower voice.

"Put your clothes on." He said, crossing his arms. He felt a sudden boost of power and control over you that he hadn't felt before. Right now, in this or pretty much any scenario, he would always have an upper hand with his strength and position.

"Steve, I need you to-"

"We're getting late for the dinner, Y/N. Put your clothes on." He said, his jaw clenched. You finally gave in and quickly changed into your clothes. Steve took the hairbrush from the counter and brushed your hair. "I have to change too. I'll see you at the main floor." He said and turned to leave.

Just as he left, you almost ran to the door of your room and locked it. "Jarvis." You spoke up to only realise how fast your heart rate had gotten. "Why did you let Steve in the bathroom?"