TWO

My running shoes hit against the sidewalk as cold air nipped at my sweaty skin.

I love running, my mom always said my dad loved running too.

He died when I was 4 so I don't remember much of him, but I do remember his smile and his blue eyes against his tanned skin.

I slowed my pace to a walk as I neared my house, opening the front door and going straight to the shower.

As the warm water ran down the tense muscles in my back I heard a knock on the door.

"Dean, I'm going to head into work I'll be back at around 12 so please remember to eat" my mom spoke on the other side of the door.

Mom was a pediatric nurse and often worked really late at night, I dont mind though.

"Yeah okay" I replied.

I walked out of the shower, a towel around my waist, and into my bedroom. I threw on a black tshirt and grey sweatpants, then I heard my phone buzz.

Caity:Dude where are you
Caity:I need my coffee!!!!

After grabbing my backpack, I jogged down the stairs and out of the house before climbing in my beat down Jeep.

"Yo" Caity greeted as I pulled up in front of her house.

Caity Wells was my best friend. I've known her since kindergarten though we only became friends after Ben left.

"Oh my god, I swear I'm going to yeet my stepdad off our roof" she stated.

"What did he do now?" I asked.

"He's just a prick, first of all he tore my new Jurassic park poster, second he refuses to let me dye my hair, like he's not even my dad and its my hair so why does he get to decide what I can and cannot do with it" she ranted, "I need coffee"

We pulled up in front of West Bridge high, the usual crowd of students scattered around.

After retrieving my books from my locker I said goodbye to Caity and headed for homeroom.

Hi
Sorry I haven't updated in so long
Anyway hope you enjoyed this chapter it was kinda short, sorry.
Thanks for reading
Vote and comment if you want to
-penny💫