Chapter 7

Grayson's POV*

Game day. Duke vs UNC. Today was the day. I went to Cameron to take it all in. My last home game in a Duke jersey. It was bittersweet.

"Hey G. What are you doing here this early?" I heard a voice say. I turned around and saw Alex standing there.

"I'm just taking it all in you know? Last home game as a team. What about you?"

"Just was gonna get some shots up. Wanna join?" I nodded and we each got a ball and had a shoot around. I looked at my watch and saw it was almost time for college game day. "Hey Alex. College game day starts soon so we should go to the locker room before anyone comes." We both walked back and when we got to the locker room we saw Marvin. He had headphones on, bobbing his head to the music. We decided not disturb him.

~GAME TIME~

"And finally, a 6'5 senior from Jacksonville, Florida... GRAYSON ALLEN!!" I got up from the bench and high-fived my other teammates for the last time in Cameron. It's game time. This is my chance to end things right and leave my mark here.

The ref is about to throw the ball in the air. Everything goes in slow motion from that point on.

~after the game~

The buzzer goes off and the final score is Duke 74 UNC 64! This was the greatest day of my life! Besides the whole kidnapping but that's behind us! Speech time!

"... we want 6 too. We're gonna try to get another championship! Thank you guys so much!" And that was it. My last game in Cameron.

I headed back to my apartment with the team because I needed my wallet before we went out to dinner. Let's just say I should've stay at home.