Who is he?

Lizzie raised her eyebrows questioningly. "What other thing?" She looked at me, searching for any answers in my desperate eyes.

I felt awkward under her gaze. God I was going to sound crazy if I told her I thought, or think that the mysterious guy could read my mind.
I could lie and tell her that he is this super famous guy who so happened to slip me his number by accident?

I sighed out of frustration, and just simply not knowing what to do in this situation.
Lizzie cleared her throat, indicating that she was still very much present and in need of answers.

"Well...would you think I'm crazy if I told you that he may....-"
"Quit the suspense already" Lizzie rudely interjected, her eyes wide with frenzied excitement. I couldn't quite understand what excited her more; making me feel nervous or the story of my sad little life.

"I think he may be able to read my mind and I know that's insane because that's some superhero shit and those kind of things don't happen in real life, at least not to unimportant people like me," I blurted it all out, and god I felt so relieved.

"Jesus, this is bad," Lizzie responsed. She began pacing the room, her hands cupping her chin as she seemed to be in contemplative thought.
"What? What is it?" I asked. Just then, my heart began to beat really fast. What if I wasn't the only girl he did it to? What if Lizzie had also encountered him? I mean she was this drop dead gorgeous blonde who could have any guy she desired at a click of a finger. Whereas I was just average, easily looked over in a room with Lizzie.

"No don't be silly, you're gorgeous," Lizzie blurted out.
I looked at her, unsure of who she was referring to. Then it hit me. Shit. She could read my mind too. Which planet was I on? Why did everything suddenly make no sense to me?

The room suddenly began to spin and I had lost all consciousness as I welcomed the darkness which surrounded me. There was nothing to search for here and I was at peace.