Prologue

Far beyond any Human inhabitance, is a volcano. A very special volcano. Unknown to any Human, it is the entrance to a magical land full of animals, undisturbed by Humans. Any animal can enter if they have achieved their true purpose in life, whatever it may be. The land inside, known to the animals as The Haven, caters for all creatures big or small. It has thick jungles and forests, icy mountains and land metres deep in snow, the hottest deserts and the deepest oceans. It suites every creature’s natural habitat. Clans and Tribes of creatures live their lives like they would have before Humans came to be so powerful, taking over all the world and developing weapons intended to injure or kill innocent animals. The most shocking of all slaughter being for sport or to make fur rugs, coats and all sorts of vanity items. They did develop a ‘fake’ fur which is an insult to animal kind. But none of that exists in the Haven. Some creatures that are extinct in the Human world happily thrive in The Haven because most extinctions are caused by Humans: whether it be by slaughter or chemicals they produce. There is usually peace amongst predators in The Haven, and no death-by-humans, so it is where every wild creature or creature being held in captivity should want to be.