Chapter 7

It had been almost three weeks since you last saw Loki. You had gone near insane even to the point of missing him, you missed his snarky comebacks, his regal way of dressing, your long conversations about books, his smirks and even his big words. You were currently beating yourself up mentally because you just realised that you miss him, the man that tried to take over the Earth almost killed just about everyone in your family and kidnapped you. Aaand you miss him? You're an idiot, how lonely do you have to be to miss a psychopath... You decided to search for him today, you started early in the morning searching each room and rechecking the rooms he went most. It was late in the afternoon and you had tried everything, even calling out to him but nothing worked. You went back to your room defeated but as you walked in you found some paper. 'Wow (Y/N), you really are an idiot'. Instead of spending an entire day looking for him you could have left him a letter. You sighed and hoped to god that Loki didn't find out about today. Sitting down on your bed you didn't want to say you missed him because that'd be embarrassing and would give him a big head so you just wrote that you were bored and that he should come back. After knocking you entered his chambers and left the note on his bed. 

...

The next morning you woke to a gentle tapping on your door as usual. After breakfast and getting dressed you decided to go to the gardens. You hadn't gone there by yourself before and you were surprised at how dull it seemed. Before now it had been your favourite place to be. you looked forward to when Loki would take you here and you'd walk and talk and you'd piss him off... that's it isn't it Loki's the problem, or rather him not being here is the problem. Your chest was heavy once again, tears threatened to fall as you sat down on a bench trying to calm yourself down. 'why!? Did I really come to care for him?' 

You hear footsteps on the ground in front of you and you look up to find a concerned look adorned Loki's face. You stood up almost tripping over yourself, luckily though he was there to catch you. Subconsciously you hugged him and after a moment of shock, he hugged you back leaning down so you could rest your head on his shoulder. You could no longer hold back the tears as you squeezed him tighter.

"Where the hell did you go for three weeks, you're supposed to be the king! God damn it!" You brought your fist down hard on his chest hitting him and hitting him until he grabbed your wrists.

"I never left my dear... did you miss me?" he smiled down at you, in your current state you had no comebacks or snarky comments so all you managed was blushing and turning your face away quickly.

"...Well, this is certainly unexpected," Loki said with a shocked expression. 

You tried to pull away but he held you tighter to him.

"You know, I quite like this honesty (Y/N)." He said wiping your tears from your face. Ugh, you hated that stupid smirk, he doesn't even need to open his mouth to tease you.