PART 20

✝†✝

Catherine's POV

My gaze shifted reluctantly to Maduke as he spoke, a sinister smile playing on his lips. "Regrettably, the fight between you two ended in this manner," he remarked, his eyes locking onto mine with a sly grin. "I was anticipating a more theatrical ending."

Rage ignited within me, intensifying the gleam in my eyes as I clenched my fist to contain the burgeoning power. Muzaka turned away, fixing Maduke with a similarly angered glare. "Maduke, you insufferable jerk," he spat out.

"Muzaka, there's no need for such a look. Frankly, given that it was a clash involving the Noblesse, his companion, and a werewolf lord, it did conclude rather too easy, don't you think?"

I observed Maduke's eyes as they swept across everyone, finally coming to a halt at Garda, who was still recuperating. Fortunately, Frankenstein noticed and utilized his dark power to effectively "cage" her.

He summoned dark spikes from the ground, and they pierced through Garda's body, penetrating nearly every part. As she screamed in agony, a slight twinge of pity stirred within me. Despite the formidable aura of Frankenstein beside me, it oddly had no impact on me.

"Frankenstein!" Muzaka yelled in frustration, displeased with Frankenstein's tactics as usual. "What on earth are you up to?!"

Frankenstein responded to Muzaka with casual indifference, almost as if he found Muzaka's anger tedious. "I simply took the most logical course of action given the present circumstances."

"Do you genuinely believe that assaulting Garda was the most rational choice?" Muzaka inquired with anger, poised to confront Frankenstein.

Beside me, I could feel Frankenstein's frustration mounting as his aura intensified. While pondering my options in this critical moment, I opted to refrain from intervening.

Simultaneously, the urgency of my recovery took precedence. The clash with Muzaka had drained me significantly, compounded by the debilitating effects of the seal on my abilities. Even with Raizel's partial mitigation, it fell short of what was necessary to confront the formidable former werewolf lord. With this awareness, I allowed my power to settle, recognizing that the glow in my eyes had subsided.

"Well," Frankenstein shot a glare at Muzaka, "Do you happen to possess a superior alternative, Muzaka? Considering the uncontrollable nature of your and Garda's confrontation, it appeared to be a situation demanding a decisive response."

I observed Muzaka's tense posture slacken in realization. "That's..."

"But given Garda's impressive recovery during the battle, despite her current disarray, leaving her unchecked would result in her swift recuperation and a return to the fight," Frankenstein growled in frustration. "Hence, overpowering her with my abilities now seemed the most prudent course of action, considering her physical vulnerability after the skirmish with you."

As Frankenstein spoke, a sense of unease crept into his words, making me suspect that his true intention lay beneath the surface. Before I could unravel the mystery, Frankenstein spoke once more.

"If my suggestion doesn't sit well with you, feel free to engage in combat with Garda once she regains her strength," he declared, causing Muzaka's eyes to widen. "I won't stand in your way."

A slight frown of confusion and embarrassment adorned my face as I looked at Frankenstein when he uttered his next words, "However if you permit my masters to wield their powers once more, I won't merely cease overpowering her." Beside me, Raizel let out a quiet sigh, sharing the same sense of embarrassment that I felt.