Breaking the news

-A week later-

It had been a week since they first found out about the sparkling and things were going well so far. Wheeljack's spark had enough energy to share with the sparkling while giving him enough as well.

Ratchet would check up on him every day to make sure nothing was wrong and even he had to admit that he was a little paranoid. It took a while to get used to the fact that a sparkling was growing inside of Wheeljack.

The news of their sparkling spread like wildfire through the base and everyone was happy for them. Perceptor was especially intrigued by their sparkling.

-Perceptor's lab-

"Fascinating... a sparkling has formed in a mech against all odds!" Perceptor exclaimed, getting a better look at the glowing attachment to Wheeljack's spark chamber.

"I don't even know how that happened, honestly. There's no medical records of a mech ever bearing a sparkling, so we have no data on how such a thing happens. It's amazing." Ratchet was beaming with happiness.

"How long are y'all going to take? I haven't even had my daily ration of energon yet!" Wheeljack complained.

"Wheeljack! I told you that you need to get it first thing in the morning!" Ratchet scolded, hauling Wheeljack up off the table and out of the lab.

Perceptor shrugged and sighed, going back to whatever he was working on previously.

"Ratch you know how I forget things sometimes!" Wheeljack chuckled as he was dragged along by Ratchet.

"Yes but this is important! If you don't get enough energon, the sparkling won't have enough energy to keep developing! And if that happens, it'll start taking energy directly from your spark until there's nothing left!" Ratchet huffed, pulling Wheeljack into the break room and pouring him a glass of energon. He didn't care that everyone was staring at him, they should be used to his rants by now.

"Alright alright! I'm sorry sunshine, I won't let it happen again." Wheeljack giggled and blushed.

Ratchet looked at him with a serious look that soon melted into a soft gaze. "Gosh, I can't stay mad at you. You're just too cute." He sighed, shaking his head as he walked back out into the hallway with him.

"Guilty as charged." Wheeljack smirked, removing his plate and taking a sip.

Ratchet smacked him lightly on the helm, almost causing him to choke on his energon. He laughed as Wheeljack sputtered and tried to breath normally.

"Ey don't do that! Lunkhead.." Wheeljack laughed, wrapping his arm around Ratchet's shoulders.

"Hey Wheeljack!" Sunstreaker shouted from down the hallway, running towards them as they walked.

"Scrap!" Wheeljack cursed under his breath, quickly fumbling to get his plate back on.

"Jack calm down, he didn't see you without your plate." Ratchet breathed a sigh of relief as Sunstreaker came up to them, followed by Sideswipe.

"Oh hiya Sunny, what's up?" Wheeljack said, nervously making sure his plate was secure.

"Me and my bro wanna ask you guys a question." Sunstreaker grinned as Sideswipe walked up beside him as they were stopped in the hallway.

"Ask away, I've got to check Wheeljack in a few cycles.." Ratchet mumbled, looking at his scanner for a second.

"When your sparkling is here, can we play with it? I've never seen a live sparkling before!" Sunstreaker asked, a wide smile on his face.

Wheeljack glanced over at Ratchet, who shook his head and sighed.

"Well it will be a while because the sparkling has to have time to get used to this environment. It's armor is very soft when it first emerges so we will have to wait a few days until it hardens. I'll make sure to tell you guys when you can play with it." Ratchet nodded, taking Wheeljack by the hand and continuing to walk.

"Thanks Ratch! Yay we get to play with a sparkling, Sides!" Sunstreaker exclaimed, jumping around.

"Rambunctious, aren't they?" Wheeljack chuckled, strolling into the Medbay.

"Yes, a little too much actually." Ratchet grumbled, running his scanner over Wheeljack to check on the sparkling's development. "Seems like everything is normal, nothing out of the ordinary. You haven't been feeling weird lately, have you?"

"Well yeah, I've never had a sparkling inside of me!"

Ratchet rolled his optics. "I mean like do you feel fatigued? Nauseous? Weak?"

"No, sweetspark. I'm fine trust me. You make one paranoid sire that's for sure." Wheeljack laughed, finishing his energon and placing the glass on a nearby table.

Suddenly, Ratchet had him pinned against the wall with his face being a few inches away from his. He started to sweat nervously. "S-sunshine? I'm sorry!"

Ratchet sighed, the anger melting away. He released Wheeljack after kissing him on the forehead. "You better watch yourself, sweetspark. You won't be as lucky next time." He smirked, walking away from Wheeljack.

Wheeljack sighed and smirked. "Boy did I pick the right mech.." he mumbled to himself, walking over to his makeshift berth and sitting down on it.