Wheeljack's injury

Wheeljack didn't notice that Athena was crying in the background. He could only focus on the searing pain of his severed hand. The laser he was working with had malfunctioned and gone berserk, slicing his hand clean off in the process. When he did notice Athena crying, he felt terrible for her having to witness that.

"No no Athena, don't cry! I'm okay, I'm okay!" He tried to reassure her, but it was no use. He lifted her up with his remaining hand, cradling her in his arms. "Come on, we're going to Ratchet."

Athena was still sobbing, partly because she didn't like the sticky feeling of energon on her new armor. Wheeljack didn't realize he was leaking that bad until he reached the Medbay.

He came through the entrance in a hurry, racing over to Ratchet. Ratchet turned around with a look of surprise on his face, which was quickly replaced by that of horror.

"What in the name of Primus happened?! Why is Athena covered in energon?!" Ratchet exclaimed, taking Athena out of Wheeljack's arms.

"It's mine, don't worry. I had another accident while working..." Wheeljack sighed, showing him his severed hand.

"Oh Wheeljack! What happened to you?" Ratchet said, getting out some tools to fix Wheeljack's hand.

Ratchet set Athena down so that he could work on reattaching Wheeljack's hand. Athena sniffed, clinging to Wheeljack's arm and whimpering.

"Don't worry, dear. Wheeljack is fine. He'll be healed in no time." Ratchet sighed, trying to cheer Athena up.

"He urt?" Athena babbled, trying to form words.

Wheeljack chuckled, rubbing her on the head with his other hand. "Yes, you could say I'm hurt. But I'll be okay."

Athena sniffed again and smiled, clinging tighter to Wheeljack's arm. "Yay!"

Ratchet chuckled and finished reattaching Wheeljack's hand, wrapping a small bandage around it to make sure it stayed put.

To their surprise, Athena stood up on her wobbly legs and held on to Wheeljack's arm. She gently touched his bandage, tilting her head curiously. She shuffled over to get closer, leaning in and kissing the bandage. "Feel better Wheeldack!"

"Awww!" They both said at the same time, overloaded by the cuteness.

Ratchet lifted her up and kissed her forehead, smiling. "That's very nice of you, sweetie."

Athena chirped and giggled, clapping her hands together. "Watchet!"

"Heh, I tried to teach her how to say your name earlier." Wheeljack chuckled.

"That's close enough. I'm surprised that a sparkling her age can even form simple words. Usually she would just be making noises to communicate." Ratchet said, feeling Athena cling to his finger.

"Well she does have two super smart parents, that's for sure." Wheeljack grinned, blushing when he looked at Ratchet.

"Yeah, you're the smart one. I'm just a medic."

Wheeljack frowned, getting to his pedes and standing in front of Ratchet. "Sweetspark, you are one of the smartest bots I know. We both went to the biggest academy on Cybertron! Don't tell me that I'm the smart one." He said sternly.

Ratchet sighed, glancing down. "I guess I should've thought that one through huh?" He chuckled.

"Mhm, because now I'm have to kiss you to make you feel better." Wheeljack smirked, removing his plate and kissing Ratchet on the lips.

Ratchet went red, looking down at Athena in his arms. "Our sparkling is watching!" He mumbled even though he was enjoying it.

"So? Now she knows how much her parents love each other." Wheeljack mumbled back, hugging them both close.

Athena was watching them curiously, wondering what was going on. She squealed when she was caught in between their chests as Wheeljack leaned in for another kiss. She huffed, wanting some attention.

Wheeljack noticed that Athena wanted some attention too and smiled, bending down and kissing her on the cheek. Athena giggled, hugging his face and kissing his cheek. Wheeljack tickled her in the stomach to make her laugh and let go so he could stand up.

"Gosh, she's such an attention grabber." Wheeljack laughed, putting his plate back on.

"Reminds me of someone I know.." Ratchet smirked, looking at Wheeljack.

"What?! How am I an attention grab- oh, I get it." Wheeljack giggled, motioning an explosion with his hands.

Athena's optics widened and she squealed happily. "Splosion! Splosion!" She said, trying to mimic Wheeljack.

"What did you teach her? I will not have her learning how to diffuse or put together bombs at this age!" Ratchet frowned, putting a hand on his hip.

"Aw come on Ratch! It could be useful in a bad situation she might find herself in later down the road." Wheeljack smiled sheepishly.

Ratchet rolled his optics and sighed. "Fine, but don't let her touch anything."

"Gotcha, I'll try to keep her grabby little hands away from the wires. Or else both of us would end up on your medberth."

"Don't even put that image in my head." Ratchet groaned, rubbing his forehead.