Rescue party

Now that Athena was back in his arms, everything was better. Now the only thing that they needed to do was escape, which was near impossible. That being said, they didn't expect someone to come rescue them.

Wheeljack was returned to the cell after another torture session, fresh wounds leaking energon over the old ones. He collapsed against the wall and groaned in pain, covering his head.

Athena whimpered and crawled over to him, snuggling up against him. She felt some energon drip onto her armor, but she didn't care.

Wheeljack sighed and wrapped one arm around her, pulling her close to his chest. "I-I'm fine... don't worry about me.."

"But they hurt you again! They mean!" Athena sniffed, holding his arm tightly.

"I know, I know. Don't think about that, though. Think about how much fun we had back at home."

The thought of home caused her to start crying again. "I miss Watchet... where is he?"

Wheeljack sighed, his lover popping into his mind. "He's at home, waiting for us to come back. Don't worry, he's safe."

"Oh... do you think he misses us?"

"Of course, sweetie. He's probably worried sick! You are the center of his world, there is no way he would forget you." Wheeljack sighed, ripping off the remnants of his cracked plate and tossing it aside.

Athena caught sight of his mouth and her optics widened. "Woah... did they do that to you too?!"

Wheeljack looked away, slightly uncomfortable. "No.. they're just old scars." He sighed, wiping energon from his mouth.

"What happen?"

Memories of the war flooded his mind and he froze for a second, a look of terror on his face. When he snapped back into reality, he rubbed his optics and sighed again. "You don't need to know, a little sparkling like you shouldn't have to think about this kind of stuff..."

"Oh okay..." Athena mumbled, thinking about how they could've gotten there. An idea popped into her mind and she stood up to reach his face.

Wheeljack looked at her in surprise and smiled a bit. What she did next was completely out of the blue.

Athena leaned in and kissed his scars, patting them with her hand afterwards. "There, they feel better now?" She asked, looking at Wheeljack expectantly.

Wheeljack chuckled, kissing her on the forehead. "Yeah, Thanks to you."

Athena giggled, plopping back down in his lap and holding his arm tightly.

Suddenly, loud footsteps were approaching their cell. Wheeljack instinctively held Athena close to him. There was no way he was losing her again.

As the footsteps grew closer, he heard voices shouting. He began to recognize them one by one. "Ironhide, Prowl, Jazz, and..... Ratchet?!" He looked up right as they came to his cell, a look of happiness appearing on his face.

Ironhide peered in the cell and his optics widened. "I found them!"

The others quickly caught up to Ironhide, looking in the cell. Ratchet pushed his way to the front, a look of concern on his face. "Oh thank Primus... wha-what happened to you?! You're covered in energon!" He exclaimed, pulling the door off it's hinges and running into the cell.

"Don't worry about it Ratch, I'm fine. We need to get going." Wheeljack grunted, slowly standing up.

"Where's Athena?! Isn't she with you? Don't tell me that Megatron has her.." Ratchet gasped, covering his mouth.

"Watchet!" Athena squealed, popping her head out from behind Wheeljack's arms.

"Athena! Oh my darling, you're alright!" Ratchet sighed in relief, hugging them both close and kissing them.

"I'd hate to break up the reunion, but we have to get outta here! The Decepticons will be here any minute now!" Ironhide yelled.

Ratchet let Wheeljack lean on his shoulder so he could help him walk and Jazz carried Athena as he briskly walked with the group.

They turned the corner, coming face to face with a squadron of Decepticons.

"Autobots! Open fire!" They yelled, beginning to fire upon them.

The Autobots dove behind cover, quickly returning fire and killing them all.

"Alright, lets move! Our exit point should be just ahead..." Prowl said, waving his hand forward.

"Not so fast, Autobots!" Starscream snarled, aiming his weapons at the group.

They formed a protective circle around Wheeljack and Athena, making sure that they weren't injured any further.

"Move Starscream, yer outgunned and outnumbered!" Ironhide growled, banging his fists together.

"Oh am I?" Starscream sneered as a group of Decepticons surrounded them.

"Aw scrap, I need to keep my mouth shut.." Ironhide grumbled, keeping the tight formation around Wheeljack and Athena.

"Any ideas?" Jazz chuckled nervously, blocking Athena with his arm while aiming his gun at a nearby Decepticon.

"Decepticons, surrender now or else I'll have to put a few dents in your armor!" A loud, commanding voice shouted.

All the Autobots turned to their left, seeing a tall red and blue mech standing in the middle of the hallway.

"Optimus! Thank the allspark you're here! Ratchet sighed in relief.

"Don't just stand there, attack him!" Starscream growled, starting to fire at Optimus.

Ironhide used the distraction to his advantage, firing at the nearby Decepticons and taking them out. The others started fighting as well, quickly decimating Starscream's squadron.

"Oh scrap..." Starscream muttered as all the guns in the corridor were pointed at him. "I.... think I'll be going now, hehe!" He shrieked, running the opposite direction.

"Hah! That'll teach him to mess with us!" Ironhide chuckled, turning around to face Optimus.