Chapter Three

"Hey, I think she's waking up." 

I can't open my eyes. I think my dad's holding me but I have to be wrong, there's no way he got out of there. 

Something really hot drags across my eyelids. I try to scream, but a huge hand covers my mouth. What the hell is going on? I fall asleep for five minutes and now I'm being murdered! I go limp. 

"Violet!" 

Denver?

"Violet, shake your head if you can hear me." 

I shake my head. 

"Dude, listen. There was a friggin huge riot in hell's canyons and the fat woman in the cage beside you didn't make it."

thank God.

"Well that was rude."

They can hear me?

"Of course I can hear you. We've been over this. Now what do you mean by 'they'"?

"Isn't my dad there?"

"No.. Why did you think he was here?"

"I could've sworn he was holding me." 

Denver went silent. 

"What's wrong Den?"

Oh my God my dad's dead. 

No.

Fucking Christ, no. This isn't okay. I can't - 

"She up?"

"Dad?" 

"I'll take that as a yes."

"Dad why can't I see?"

"You can't see?"

"Not a thing. Is this another trick?"

He took the blindfold off of my eyes. Apparently, it was another trick. 

I turned to look around at everyone here.

There was the adorable girl from three rows down, the little boy from on the other side of the old man beside Denver, the girl in the cage beside my dad, the guy my age who was brought in with us - Vincent, I think. 

I wave to him, "Hi, Vince."

"Uh.. hey."

"You don't remember me?"

"I don't remember your boobs. Wow."

Oh my God I'm still naked. I turn to look at Denver, he blushes and covers me up.

"Denver.. Explain, please."

"Uh.. I uh.. the pills I gave you," His face was so red, I felt bad for asking so harshly, "they temporarily paralyzed you, and I couldn't get you dressed on my own. Everyone was running out and guards were coming I didn't know what to do so I wrapped you in my blanket and threw you over my shoulder and just ran." 

"I promise I wont be mad if you talk a little slower." He was talking so fast I could barely understand him. "Where are we?"

"The old factory off the Camvi farms. You shouldn't recognize it." 

Well, I didn't. 

"A farm? Meaning outside? As in I could easily go outside right now?"

My dad started laughing. What's so funny? "It was a legitimate question."

"Baby, there are guards and dogs everywhere. If you were to go outside right now they might find you. Wait a couple of days, then we can all go outside." 

"Well is there at least somewhere I can go to explore?"

"Sure there is. Denver, show her around." 

He was still blushing and staring at the ground. Is that all he knows how to do?