Chapter 4

They got to the nearest corner shop, which unlike outside was practically a ghost town.

"Semi-skimmed dan, I don't like that skimmed rubbish you buy."

"Ughh, but it tastes so much betterrrr." Dan whined.

"No, whole milk tastes better, semi-skimmed is our compromise daniel." Phil said in a teasy voice.

"Okie doke, semi-skimmed."

The two men placed their kinder egg and 4pints of milk onto the counter.

The checkout lady had a plump frame, with her hair back in a messy bun. She was chewing gum loudly, and had pink tallon like nails.

She looked down over the counter.

"Cute matching trackys. Anyone would think you two are a couple?" She half stated half asked.

"Oh no no no, we're not a couple, we just live together." Phil felt offended by dans protesting.

"Ah I see." The lady replied unconvinced. Dans face flushed as he remembered phil hadn't put any boxers on underneath those tracksuit bottoms; he took a moment to catch the breath that had been knocked out of him.

"Okay we thank you for your service, byebye." Dan said hurriedly, dragging phil out of the store with him.

"What was that for?"

"She just made me uncomfortable, that's all." Dan had now slowed his pace.

"The thought of us being together makes you uncomfortable?.." You could hear the disappointment in his voice, even dan could hear it.

"Oh." Dan said in realisation. Was phil having the same thoughts as him?

"It's okay, I have a date tonight anyway."

Oh. Maybe not.

~~~~~~~

A/N

Dun dun dun. Phil has a date, - heartbreak or matchmake??

^ dat rhyme doe, ay.

Danielle vs. Daniel.??