Mommy and Me. (Jess)

I'm flustered, upset, happy, and confused all at the same time. What the hell just happened?! Hot stuff hits me up and tells me to come to a park to talk about something, basically sizes me and my accent up, calls me an alien and then leaves? Yo who mans is this?!

"I should just go home and relax. I need to look fabulous tomorrow because tall, dark, and sarcastic has decided that I'm interesting  enough to at least associate with more often. " I thought

During my drive home I got a phone call from mother dearest. "You're such a worrywart mom." I think as I answer the phone. "Helllloooooooo mommy dearest!" I sing to her through my blue tooth in my car. 

"Jessica Avery Davis! Where in the world are you?! I got home 30 minutes ago and you are not here? Bring your boujee behind home!" She yelled at me, obviously super worried and nervous. 

"Ma. It's not even that deep. I went to hang out with a new friend I made in English class. School isn't even that far away. I'll be home in 10 minutes. What do you want from Andrew's tonight? Pizza or Pasta?" I asked her knowing that she'd be hungry coming from work. 

"Girl you know I want me some of their Shrimp and Chicken Alfredo with extra Parmesan. I'll give you the money back"

"Mommy. It's okay. I got it. I'll be home soon. Love you. Bye." I told her. I love my mom more than anything in the world. She's the only close family I have. My dad died in the service when I was really young so I don't really have any fond memories of her. Being the child in a military family is hard. Especially with a military mother who has been widowed for fifteen plus years.

As I got home with the food my mother and I hugged and ate together. She only had about 4 hours to get some sleep before she would get ready to go for her shift at her second job. My mom worked part time at Andrew's as a waitress. All my friends love her because she's super nice and brightens up the whole restaurant with her customer service skills. "I'm gonna go get some rest before work. You need anything darling?" She said getting up to leave.

"No momma. I was gonna talk to you about my new friend from school. But you might want to get some rest. You don't know how packed tonight is gonna be." I said, kinda sad that I don't get to spend as much time with her as possible. 

"Oh no baby. We can talk. Wassup? How was the first day of senior year?" She asked, curiously. That made me happy. My mom was my number one gossip girl. She understood me and it made our bond that much closer. 

"Welllllll, I met this guy in my English class...." I said, my voice trailing off slightly. 

"Oooooohhhh girl you know what I be telling you about them high school boys now." She said playfully. 

"Oh hush mommy, it's not like that. He's.....different" I emphasized the different because that was the best way to describe him without being specific. 

"Well tell me about him. What's he like, and what did you do to tease him." She said. She knows me all to well. Knowing that I tease people that I want to become friends with. 

"Well.....he seemed familiar so I decided to announce that to class. Let's just say he did not take very kindly to that at all. He essentially verbally destroyed me in front of the whole class. The sarcasm levels were off the charts. Heck even you would've been impressed."

"Wait. You're telling me, that he's even more cynical and sarcastic than you?" My mom asked quizzically. 

"YES. It was crazy. I couldn't help but blush and approach him after class. Him putting me in my place like that sparked an interest in him. Although it seemed like he was putting up a front. Like something was wrong. Besides. He said something super weird mommy." I said. Apparently I looked really sad and concerned because my mom sat back down with me. 

"Well.... what did he say Jess?" My mom asked, clearly concerned with my expression. 

"He said that I have the same accent as someone he knows. Whenever I bring it up he gets really sad and changes the subject. I dunno why but.....I wanna know what happened to him. I want to try to help." I said. My mom looked at me and smiled in a very sly way, the way she usually does when she's about to say something that I won't believe. 

"That's a bit strange. It's hard to believe that he knows someone from St. Lucy just like us. Aside from that though.... Jessica, you like him." She said.

"WHAT? MA! I don't like him. I barely know him. I'm just really curious about him so I'm just being my regular nosy self. Nothing more." I yelled. My face turning really red and my cheeks puffing out.

"Okay! Okay! I believe you. " She said with the biggest smile on her face. "....for now anyway...." She muttered under her breath loud enough for me to hear. "Anyway. I gotta go get some rest baby. Don't stay up too late and clean up these dishes for me okay?" She said, walking out of our dining room.

"Okay mommy, I love you. Have a good night at work!" I yelled at her as she walked into her room and closed the door. 

"What is she thinking?! I don't like him at all! I'm just being nosy. That's all. But....he is really cute though. Lowkey he's my type......wait.....WHAT?! EARTH TO JESS. WE NAH LIKE DI BWOY." I thought while drawing the water to wash the dishes.

After the dishes I laid down in the couch while watching TV. I was a lover of the Power and it was about to come on. Which meant that I should be expecting a phone call righttttt aboutttt........ *RRRRRRRIIIIIIIING*. Just as I thought about it my phone decided to go off. "My cousin is calling meeeeeee." I sang. My cousin was my best friend. We always sat on the phone while watching Power. 

"Hey girlieeeeee! Wassup?" I said to her, obviously excited to talk to her. 

"Hey boo! Nothing much. You ready for this episode tonight?" She asked me, just as excited as I was. 

"I was born ready for this episode. You know this!" I yelled back at her.

"I hear that girl. This episode about to be......" Her voice trailed off. 

I hear my auntie in the background calling for her. 

"Deara! Teo is here to come see you for something!" My aunt yelled.

Oh. Yeah. Deara's boyfriend watches Power with her sometimes.