Chapter 12 - Gorgeous

Waking up the next morning almost killed me. 

Vicious dreams kept me awake most of the night. I rubbed my eyes and groaned. Looking at the clock I realized I was late. Very late. 

Like  a bullet, I shot out of my bed and ran down the stairs to get to school. My mother stopped me in my tracks. 

"Where are you going, missy?" She asked curiously.

I squinted at her, had she lost her mind? I needed to  get to school.

"School?"

She looked at me intently and after a few seconds she started laughed hysterically.

Was I that funny? At this moment in time I'm pretty sure she is crazy. 

"It's Saturday, Honey." She said.

Saturday? Really? I smacked my head, what an idiot.

My mother and I sat a the table and ate some well-earned breakfast, which was absolutely gorgeous. We sat and caught up, it seemed like I hadn't spoken to her in ages. Our chit-chat was interrupted by my phone buzzing. 

B - Hey

Why, after all this time, is Blake texting me?

S - Hi. 

B- I saw you with Jonas yesterday.

This is why he's texting me. Because of another boy. Rolling my eyes, I typed up my answer. I struggled, what did he want me to say?

S - Okay?

B - I know what you said to him. 

B- I know you think that I just abandoned you. But I didn't. I promise. 

I was unsure why but that promise made anger boil up inside of me.

S - Why the fuck should I trust you? I opened up to you, I trusted you and you left me. You betrayed me. I hear the comments you make as you walk past me in the halls. And every time, every single harsh word you say about me is like a stab in the back. Yeah, I might be broken. Yeah, I might have a horrible past. But you, you are a real nasty piece of work. 

Fed up and so over the conversation, I locked my phone and continued to talk to my mother. 

After breakfast, I had an idea. I didn't want Blake contacting me again so this seemed perfect.

Fumbling with my schoolbag I found hte scrumpled up piece of paper from yesterday. Hesitantly, I put the number in my phone and started texting it.

S - Hi Jonas.

J - Hi, Sasha, right?

Good guess.

S - Yeah, how'd you know?

J - Who else uses perfect grammar in their texts?

S - Fair enough. Listen, I need a favor. 

J - Ask away.

Here goes nothing. 

S - I want you to get my number deleted from Blake's phone. I don't care how you do it - just do it.

J - Consider it done...on one condition. 

S - What's that?

J - You let me buy you dinner. 

Shrugging my shoulders, I answered.

S - I'm not one to turn down free food. 

J - Great, I'll pick you up at 8?

S - See you then. 

It was only 11 so I thought I'd get some homework done and the stress about what to wear later. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After plowing through masses of homework, I decided I should plan my out fit for tonight.

Shit. What sort of dress code is it?

S - Hi, is it casual or do I need to dress up?

J - Actually, open your front door. That'll answer your question. 

Huh? I opened the front door and there was a red bag on my doorstep.

He didn't.

I ran upstairs with the bag, dodging the ambush of questions from my mother.

I tipped the bag upside down and a red dress fell out of it along with a pair of heels. 

He did. 

I immediately tried the red dress on and I was surprised by how it fitted, how it looked, how i looked. 

Looking in the mirror, I saw that even though the dress was form fitting, it flattered me in all the right places. The neckline was low, but not too low so it was still classy. It had lace details on the top which trailed onto my arms. 

It was gorgeous. 

The heels went with it perfectly and I was equally as curious as I was gobsmacked. A quick glanceat my phone said it was 6:30 and I needed to get my butt in order. I decided I would curl my hair and leave it fall in disorderly order. Applying some very light makeup, I looked at myself in the mirror. I actually looked gorgeous. 

I walked downstairs and my mother was also as gobsmacked as me. 

"You look gorgeous, Sash." She beamed proudly, "What's the occasion?"

I smiled and shyly said, "I think it's a date?" He had never classed it as one but this definitely made it feel like one. 

She huffed in exasperation, "Think? Who goes to all that effort for a maybe-date?" A slight smirk played on her lips. 

"Well, Jonas asked if he could buy me dinner and then plonked these on the doorstep." I eyed my mother, I was struggling to contain my excitement. 

She squealed and hugged me. A knock at the door interrupted us. The knock.

My mother pushed me towards the door and disappeared into the living room but not before shouting "Be back by 11!"

I slowly opened the door to see the most gorgeous sight I have ever seen. 

Jonas was there with his stunning blue eyes twinkling, his smile was the best sight I'd seen. He was in a classic suit and tie, we must be going somewhere posh

"Wow." He breathed out.

I giggled, "What is it with boys saying that?" 

"Well, you look beautiful. I'm really glad the dress and shoes fit."

"Thank you, you look very handsome. I don't think I've ever seen you wihout a leather jacket on." I said.

"Shall we?" He offered his arm and I took it gratefully.

Looking around, I couldn't see his car so curiosity peaked and I wanted to know how we were going to get where we were going.

"Um, Jonas? How are we getting to food?"

He turned and smirked at me before revealing his pride and joy. His Harley Davidson. 

My breath hitched in my throat and surprising Jonas and myself, I took my high heels off and sat on the beastly bike,

"Well come on then!" He followed suit quickly and made sure I was okay before starting his engine.

"Hold on tight, sugar." 

I wrapped my arms around him and felt his toned torso beneath my fingertips, i gripped onto him tightly as he started on our journey.  

Even though we were on a very powerful bike and we could be in a fatal accident at any time, I felt safe.

I felt safe.