•2•

There was a long silence between the two after what Adrian had sputtered out.

He shouldn't have said that in the first place, he didn't want to make things even more awkward for him and Ryan.

"Uh, explain why the hell you decided to tell that to me again?" Joey finally broke the deafening silence.

Adrian opened his mouth to speak, but he couldn't find the right words. He didn't even know the reason himself, either.

He just suddenly thought of it, and it led him to this painfully awkward situation.

Seriously, it's so awkward it physically hurts.

"I-"

"No, I know you don't have to explain if you don't want to.." Joey assured, as Adrian let out a sigh of relief. Joey sensed that Adrian was flustered and awkward about it, and he didn't want to make things worse for him.

"But can we seriously pretend this conversation never happened?" Joey turned to face Adrian, and he nods 'yes' in response.

"Anyway, we should probably get going, the last thing I need to finish is the decorations." Joey gathered his make-up that was scattered on the counter and shoved them all right inside his neon pink pouch.

That pouch used to be Adrian's, but he was getting annoyed by the vibrant shade that was basically blinding him everyday, so he gave it to Joey, who happily accepted.

Adrian grabbed the handle and pulled the door open. "Yeah, about the decorations, have you guys already bought them?" He walked outside, and Joey trailed behind him.

"Well, I actually let Juliet handle that but me and Ryan haven't seen the actual decorations yet." Joey was honestly hoping for bright pink flowers and neon streamers everywhere, hanging all over the place.

But he knew Juliet's style. She's going for classy and floral decorations, more charming and seductive than cute.

"Which is where we're heading." Joey glanced at Adrian, who gave him a confused look in response.

Adrian pulled out his handkerchief from the pocket of his pants. "What do you mean? Where exactly are we going?" He spread the neatly folded cloth, and he brought it up to his mouth.

"The church, Adrian." Joey scoffed. "You kinda live there."

The two of them walked outside of the mall, where they agreed to meet up. It wasn't a noisy and filled with people, it was more of a mall that had cafe vibes. When you just want to sit around and drink coffee, or have a serious conversation with someone, this mall is the right place. No noisy little kids running around, no annoying teenagers, no blasting music,it was peaceful.

There were a few restaurants and stores here and there, and even the people inside were the same.

Joey noticed this kind of environment, and this is the type of place he wanted. "Hey, can we come back here again sometime? I really like it here."

Joey hated noisy places. Basically any public place. He always wanted to meet up in Restaurants or cafes in the streets, where it's less stressful.

"Sure. But would you mind if the others are here too?" Adrian faced Joey, who seemed to have an unpleased expression on his face.

"No?" Adrian cocked his head to the side.

Joey let out a sigh quiet enough that Adrian wouldn't hear. "Ah, no, I wouldn't really mind."

But he did.

"Okay." Adrian slowly nodded his head in response to Joey's answer. The two of them reached the main entrance of the mall, and the exit beside it. Joey grabbed the glass door handle and pushed it forward, opening the door. A cold breeze from outside rushed in, coming in contact with the soft air-conditioned atmosphere inside the mall.

Joey and Adrian walked outside and waited by the stairs for Juliet, who's supposed to pick them up and drop them off at the church to see the decorations.

"What's the color of Juliet's car again?" Joey tried to recall, but failed. He only rode inside the Ford F-150 two times.

"It's white." Adrian responded, as he on the other hand, had rode Juliet's car countless times already.

After a few more minutes of standing on the stairs, they soon spotted the White Ford pulling up. The driver's window rolled down, revealing a smiling Juliet waving at them; His golden tresses vigorously waving all over the place as the strong breeze gets inside his car through the window. His hair soon got stuck to his pink lip-gloss, which resulted in him scowling in annoyance.

Adrian and Joey both hurriedly ran down the stairs, and eventually got inside the car.

Juliet rubbed his hands on the steering wheel, as he was about to say something. "Guys? I have a little problem here." He muttered.

"What is it?" Joey comfortably sat down on the left side of the car, his legs crossed.

He hesitated at first, but then took a deep breath, and decided to say it anyway. "Well, I tried John's job, and I kinda hit my balls on the pole." He rubbed his nape in embarrassment.

There was not a single word from either Adrian's or Joey's mouth. Nothing came out, because they didn't know if he was kidding or if he was dead serious.

"You tried John Lavita's job?" Adrian scoffed in disbelief, and Juliet only nodded his head in shame.

"I knew pole dancing was never meant for you."