Prologue

Wakeup, go to school, catch the bus, go to bed.

Its the same thing every day.

Next morning its the same routine and so it goes on.

Switchwood is always the same dark boring place all the time

There is only one school in the whole town and no matter how far you live from it you have to go to that one and only school which has a maximum of around 150 students.

Its also a dark place here. Huge trees surround the borders of the homey town and are evenly spread out aswell. The dark gray gloomy clouds cover the sky like its their duty. You would be lucky to even find a beautiful red flower.

At night its worst. You can hear the howling of wild animals and the hooting of owls. Every night you can feel the gush of unwanted, mysterious wind that feels like its scraping your arms and legs.

Im Talia Clark. The brown eyed and brown hair girl. Im 17 years old and Im not very well known in my school. I'm kind of just "there".

Im nothing special but no one really is in this town. We all mind our own buisness and hardly speak to one another.

I guess we are just not very social.

After finishing every day of going to school I catch the faded, rusted old yellow bus back home. Its pretty creepy but thats what makes it special. The driver is a old man who doesnt speak much. By his name tag I could see his name is Jarred. There is around 6 kids on the bus I take every day and I'm guessing they go by the same routine like me aswell.

I live in a small home in the middle of no where. There is the occasional house here and there but I just stick to being my usual self, alone. Its not a fancy house, just a one story with the basic rooms of an average house. More of the large trees surround my house and odd shaped bushes to match.

I live with my Father who I love very much but unfortunatly he has alot of buisness he says he needs to take care of. Usually that means he goes off for the week and does who knows what. We never really talk about it.

I never met my mother. She left when I was young because she said she needed to "get away", as my dad says but I honestly don't know what thats suppose to mean.

This life that I live isn't the most "fun" or "exciting" of all but I didn't ask for it. We're all put here on the floating globe called Earth but out of all places I was placed in Switchwood.

Like I say every other morning "Another day and its the same all over again", but what happens if its no longer the same anymore?

What happens if something changes everything?

What if its not something, and its a someone?

But is it for the best or for the worst?

"I was fine before"

"No, you need me"

"Get away from me"

"I can't, its too late"

Hiiii! Im Cassidy and I was trying to decide on if I should write a book or not. I finally gave in and decided to make one but don't expect any John Green magic over here because I'm just writing this for fun :)

Thank you love Cass xx