Chapter 2

What the heck?

Why is the weather so cold all of a sudden? I don't understand how it can drastically change like that.

A few days ago it was cool and now its really cold!

What day is it today? Friday. Just great another school day, everyones dream. *note sarcasm*

I get out of bed and rummage through my few clothes I own. I guess I could just wear the same black long sleeved top as yesterday? And maybe some thicker jeans and vans.

Today I'm smart enough to bring a big wooly red jumper otherwise I'll probably just freeze and crack outside.

Once im changed and gave my hair a quick brush I walk out into the kitchen. There's still nothing here to eat because I haven't had the time to go to the local deli.

I try to avoid that place as much as possible.

It reminds me of a prison in a way. All the walls are dark grey with fences surrounding it. The only pop of colour is the white words outlining D.E.L.I.

Inside isn't any better either. Its all covered with spider webs and most of the food is out of date. The lady that works there full time, believe it or not is more grumpy than Jarrad.

I swear I go into these little day dreams way to much.

I grab more of those dry biscuits I found the other day and force some down my throat.

I guess it will have to do for today.

Once I grab my bag and the key I try opening the door but it wont budge?

I shove on it a little harder but it wont open. Maybe i'll trying kicking it.

One, two, three, KICK!

As soon as I kicked opened the door the wind pushed me right back. Was that what was holding it from opening? The wind?

I hardly manage to get out the door and lock it without the wind blowing me up and away.

As I start walking to the bus stop the wind shoves me in so many directions. One way and then another. Does the wind hate me or something?

Alright, thats it im going to do this! I power walk through the huge wind storm right up to the bench that awaits the bus.

I sit their swaying in the cold until the bus rocks up.

I already have my money in my hand waiting to get out of this dreadful weather.

As soon as i step on I don't even look back. I give Jarrad his money and take my seat.

Tree, tree, bush, bush, tree,

Im still trying to see if that light is there.

Tree, bush, tree, bush, light

I knew it wasn't my imagination! I knew I wasn't crazy!

I have to know what it is. Maybe its a person? But who would be in the middle of the bush in this weather? Maybe its something shiny like a small trinket? But how would it shine if there is no sun out?

I didnt realise how much time passed until the bus stopped at school and I was the last one aboard.

I apologise to Jarrad and quietly step off.

-

Its second period at the moment and im in science. You can still feel that awful wind storm outside. I dont understand how its not raining by now.

Im sitting here with my head in my arms and not paying attention. Molecules, atoms, do we look like we really care Miss?

All of a sudden I see a bright light in the corner of my eye.