Chapter 1

Theres nothing to even eat around this house.

Bread, Cornflakes, stale milk, an apple. I guess i'll be eating an apple today.

I really don't want to go to school today. Lately the weather has been getting colder than usual and I really dont have the energy to do anything.

I stuff my school bag with the necessities I need. Being not much at all seeming I don't really do anything at school. So I just chuck in some dry biscuits, a pen, some bus money and a tattered work book.

I grab my key and head out the door. On the way out I make sure to shut and lock it carefully and correctly.

To get to the closest bus stop I have to walk 10 minuets which usually im fine with most days but with this unusual, extremely cold weather we are having I rather just crawl up into a small ball and sit on the side of the road.

I actually think about doing it and ditching school but its obviously a stupid idea and I try to attend school as much as I can even if its doing nothing for me.

While im walking to the bus stop I feel a gush of wind blow up my sleeves. It was so strong that it made me stumble. Switchwood has always been a really cold, gloomy, windy place but my whole 17 years living here have never witnessed it like this.

It almost feels like someones changing the weather like a puppet. Playing with its strings.

After battling the wind I finally reach the bus stop.

The rickety old bus rocks up in seconds and I step inside. I see the few students who are regularly on the bus. One guy is Josh and I think one of the girls name on the left is Sarah and there is some others.

I snap out of my small gaze and pay the bus driver, Jarrad his money and move to sit down.

I sit where I always do every other time. Second row on the right. Most kids sit by themselves on the bus except that Sarah girl and her sister. I think shes in a few classes of Myn but I have never spoken to her before.

Once the bus pulls up at the school we all slowly drag ourselves out of the vehicle and walk towards the dreadful place. I go to Darkwalle High and it feels abandoned. There is very few teachers and not many kids.

This place almost reminds me of a Zombie apocalypse as we all mope from class to class.

I walk off to my first class and take my seat. I have english first which is defiantly not my fitted category. All we do every day is just write what we have been doing lately. In this place what exactly is there to do?

I swear the teachers teach me nothing in this place. I still don't understand why Dad wont let me just stay home all the time. Its not like I'm learning anything valuable here.

All lesson I just draw little stick figures on the side of my paper. The teacher never notices anyway.

Once the bell rings we all silently pack our stuff up and move onto our next class.

-

Since English I have had Science which is nothing new and its now recess. We

dont have lockers in this school so we just move to the cafeteria.

You can see some kids moving to sit under neath the over grown trees but I have somewhere special I always sit.

I place my bag down once I get outside to my favourite spot in school. A rock. Yes its a rock but its like seven times the size of me and happens to be a nice place to be alone and eat.

I never see anyone on this side of the school. Its kind of secluded from the rest of it and positioned around the back of school. Im not complaining or anything though.