I cant do it without him.

"Bri," I squint my eyes closed tighter as I'm pulled from a deep slumber. I open my eyes and Drew is squatting in front of the couch where I had fallen asleep and someone had covered me with a blanket. "Hey, good afternoon Beautiful, you have a nice nap?"

"Dreeew." I say as exaggerated and whiny as possible. I see him motion towards the door and then it opens and Rick comes in. "Nooo."  I wine into the cushioned arm of the couch.

"Oh, should I-?" Rick asks confused.

"No, she's just waking up. You can come sit." Drew says, brushing the hair out of my face and tucking it behind my ear. I really wish I could've just been left asleep, I don't like getting woken up, especially mid-nap.

"Fine." I say with a big huff and sitting up. I rub my eyes as I lean against the arm of the couch. "What time is it?" I wonder out loud.

"About 3:15?"  Rick answers looking to Drew to confirm. Drew nods glancing at him watch.

Right about that time my lungs register that I'm awake and decide to send me into a long rough coughing fit. I glance up at Rick while I cough to see if he had a panicked reaction, he glanced to Drew but didn't seem too worried. After it's over I take a could deep breathes staring at the floor and then look up ready to begin a conversation.

"So, Bri, you remember what I asked you last weekend?" Drew says, raising one eyebrow and giving a half smile.

"Yeah," I say with a smile which then leaves," has something happened?" I ask thinking maybe they don't want to adopt me anymore.

"Oh no! We 100 percent want still want you in our family, but we'd like to make it official with everyone here," Drew looks back at Rick, who puts a hand on Drew's shoulder.

"Yes, of course!" I reply, my eyes moving between Drew and Rick.

"Ok, perfect, well that leads us into the real topic of discussion." Rick chimes in.

"Oh really? And what's that??" I question.

"You're room. We would like to get it ready so that as soon as your transplant happens you can come home to the perfect room."

I've been trapped in the same hospital room for seven weeks since the accident, only leaving every once in a while for short outings or testing, and now I could be designing my own room in my own house with my own parents. "I want to leave now, I'm tired of the hospital."

"Hopefully soon, Sweet Pea." Rick says simply.

"I know you are. I am too." Drew says cracking a smile. I roll my eyes sarcastically.

We spend the rest of the evening talking about room decorations and the house. I see Drew look at his watch and then at Rick and I know it's time for his shift to start. I try to hide my disappointment but I feel like it's obvious that I don't want them to leave. They both give me hugs and then slip through the door and disappear. Once they leave I don't know what I want to do I'm not hungry even though I know that they'll be coming soon to ask what I want. And I might order something and then just not eat it or I might just say I'm not hungry.

I meander by way over to my bed, shuffling with my IV pole. And no sooner did I get in bed and semi-comfortable than a nurse come in to get my dinner order.