Escaped

I was all alone now.Alone.
I had lost all the people who cared for me.
How could my fate be so cruel ?????
I had no friends.No family.No home.No freedom.Nothing.Nothing but a bunch of terrible past memories.
No hope!!!!!!!!
Hope!Could I at least hope for better times?
Hope is free.You can always hope for best.
I could be better than this.I could dream big.That's not the end of my world.
"Your destiny is shaped by the selection of choices.......There is no fate..........Destiny is what transfers you from what you are to what you want to become..........You can't wait for your destiny.............grab it and achieve it"
These golden words of my favourite book,written by Marle Clarkson,recalled in my head.
I knew I had to do something but what?
There were so many hurdles in my life.I couldn't get what I had always dreamt of.A successful person
Didn't I have the right to dream?
Live my own life?
I was breaking inside due to the torturing acts of my new caretaker.
She was vengeful.She loved to cause me pain.
Like for example,she made me skip my meal before bed.I was made to wash all the dishes whereas the other children played.I was given the task of cleaning and was made to clean the floor all alone.
She even once made me to copy from a dictionary when I was blamed for eating her food from the kitchen.
I was blamed for a crime I didn't commit.
Moreover,she warned me to stay away from all the other orphans or else.
I was not allowed to share a bench with someone.
One day ,there was water on the floor of courtyard.I slipped and feel down.She kicked me hardly on my chin and it hurted so much.
I felt as if I was the only person who is tormented.
Apart from physical torture,I was mentally abused by her.She called me a toilet bug and often called my names.
It was the time to say Bye Bye to orpahange.I needed to plan an escape.
I got my creative and brilliant mind to think.I was a good student so far.I always scored straight A's.My mother would have been proud.But I never got appreciated by Ms Darvy.
_____________________________________
                     One week later
It was time for me to break out of this sick place.I had to do it completely on my own cause I had no accomplices .
There was no one here whom I relied upon.
One week later,by midnight ,when everyone was enjoying their sleep,I woke up.I didn't want anyone to suspect me so I placed my fluffed blanket over my pillow in such a way that no one could guess that I wasn't there.
I dug out my pair of shoes from my bedside  locker,held them into my hands and quickly but silently  tiptoed  to the door of my dorm.
I made sure that I made no sound cause I didn't want to get caught.
I walked down the hallway.I walked by Mr Patrick's office  and Madam Carla's room very carefully,attempting not to wake them up.Luckily,I wasn't caught.
I managed to get into the cafeteria hall silently and grasped the biscuits from the jar.They were Madam Carla's and no one could ever sneak one.
I tucked them into my backpack and made my way out to the courtyard and finally outside.
I took a deep breath ,taking in the fresh air of freedom inside me.
OnceI was out,I ran quickly away from the orphanage.Gladly,no one followed me back.I took a sigh of relief.
I walked and kept walking.I saw light at a distance.In fact lights.I had always heard that orphanages are located far from cities so that no one could attempt to run .
It felt good.This place seemed different.There were lampposts and streetlights and few vehicles on the road.As they moved past,cool air brushed onto my face.
Moreover,the houses were built of wood and cement.That's it.I was in city.
The place of my dreams.I had always wanted to be here.I was too nervous.I was barely a teen,all alone in a city,with no place to go.
I soon felt tired of walking.It was late night and very less traffic on the road.I needed a place to rest.I was almost awake the whole night.There was a park on my left side.I entered it,half heartedly.I was so scared of being alone.I didn't want the police to suspect me either.
I found a good spot on the grass and laid down.It was difficult for me to adjust myself on grass.It wasn't much comfortable.The smell of fresh grass tickled into my nose.
Lying still in the dark,all alone,I couldn't help but cry.I missed my home but I couldn't get back.
I heard the voices of grasshoppers and several night voices in the park,that creeped me out.The dark scared me.
I slept.