A Twist in Time

I do remember a few last conversations I had with my mother.
Once I stood by her bedside wondering if I could ever see her walk again or if there was a slightest chance of recovery but I had to admit that there wasn't.
She lifted her beautiful face to me and spoke
"Oh my Silver,my son!I m sorry to see you suffer because of me."
She added
"My Boy ,please forgive your mother,honey."
I stared into her wet soaked full eyes.She had for sure lost hope.I bursted into tears.
She opened her arms widely welcoming me for a hug.We both hugged and cried.
One day when I returned home from work I was stunned to see a lot of gathering in my cottage.
People were moarning but then there was a complete Silence.
I did not have the dare to ask what happened.My mother was gone,left me alone in this lonely world.I felt like I had been broken deep inside.
My vision became blurry because of tears.Ms Darvy patted on my shoulder trying to comfort me.I cried ........... I had nothing more to loose.My life was nothing without my Mom by my side.
Everything in my life had changed.
I was an Orphan.
Now things were different _much different,indeed.Miss Darvy rented her old cottage and she and her daughter Rose shifted to my place.
She lived with me.
I never graced her presence.She wasn't a good woman or a mother and she cared far less for me.She often used to yell at me for bringing less money to home.Her daughter Rose,she treated her like a servant and accused her of the reason that her life was a hell.
I was distracted from my grief,for now I had so much problems greeting me.One of them was Miss Darvy.
She made me to join school......an old building with a courtyard teeming with kids at each other's throats.
My friend Shawn and his father had shifted to city and were settled there.
By the time,I was 14. I was no longer a kid but a teenager.I started to respond to Ms Darvy's sarcastic and taunting speeches that made the things even worst.
Ms Darvy worked as a nanny in a daycare.She often returned home late.One afternoon,when I returned home from school,I saw her sitting on the couch ,hair messed up,a long sleaveless shirt and slippers which were too big for her size.As always,she had a bottle of wine in her hand.I objected her bottle through my eyes.She gave me a horrific look and uttered
"You...you little maniac.Get in quickly and shut the door ,you idiot!".
I was standing at the door of the cottage.
I addressed to Rose who was sitting next to her and pressing her toes.I said "Why is she home early ,today?".
Mis Darvy was drunk and seemed dizzy.
Rose replied "Silver,she got fired from her job."
I looked at her with an utter surprise.
Miss Darvy got to her feet,stood up and pointed her finger straight to me and started to yell.
"You little brat.......u beast.....no good stupid idiot who puts bread for you on your table.....Your mother.....that lady ...........She passed away .......made my life a Hell. YOU MORON!.
I have her a wild look and replied in a sarcastic manner .
"Does that mean you won't be getting wine anymore,what a shame!". She was enraged by my response.Her face turned red and she started yelling even more.
I entered my room and locked the door behind me.I was too much tired to deal with her.
After Mr Clark had left,the workshop was closed .However I started to shine shoes for others to earn a little money that contributed in our house.
By the passage of time,I was well trained.
I badly missed my friend Schawn who was more like a brother to me and of course ,my beautiful mother.
I missed her so terribly!.
I settled down on the bed,wiped my tears away from my cheeks and opened a book named "Filbury Miracle",story of a young boy who had lost all his family in a misfortune and he still hoped for better times.I feel really inspired my his thoughts and this book deeply inspired me.
Whenever I was depressed ,I used to read in to wipe out all the bad thoughts away from my mind.
I was reading the book when I heard a
Bang on my door.Guessing it might be Ms Darvy I shouted,
"GO away please and leave me alone!".
From behind the door ,a girl replied in her sweet melodious voice
"It's me Silver.I m Rose,your friend."
I stood up and opened the door and let her in.
"I m sorry for her behaviour.I hope you understand.She has lost her job." She Said this to me in a painful tone.
I was still busy in my book.
"SILVER".. She called my name.
I didn't hear her.I was too busy reading my favourite book.She knew I loved that book.She didn't like it when I tried to avoid her.
She again called out my name  but in a different way
"SILVER Miracle".
I glanced her with a surprise and noticed the change and laughed out loud.She repeated my gesture.
I felt stupid for a moment.
I said "Oh my,where are my manners?,do sit down".
She smiled gently and replied "I m afraid not at this moment .Mother has sent me to bring some stuff from the market. I better not be late.You should just stick with your book ,you Silver Miracle."she joked.
After she left,I found myself too tired to do anything so I closed my book,covered myself in my blanket and sung myself to sleep.
When my mother was alive,she used to sing to me.
I closed my eyes and slept.