03✦✧

This third chapter is dedicated to the sweet @stayhere simply because she is so lovely and her comment touched me so much so thank youu :-) And I'd also like to thank anyone else who is reading my story and those who left comments!! I love you all, happy reading!

*:・゚*:・゚*:・゚*:・゚*:・゚*:・゚*:・゚*:・゚*:・゚*:・゚

The library was an old massive stone building that tended to be quite decrepit at some spot. Nevertheless it was an imposing beaux-arts style with a majestic six-column façade. It was the kind of edifice that would leave you overwhelmed by its greatness once you stood in front of it.

The inside was even more breath-taking. Once you crossed the threshold, you can't help but notice study desks scattered in the alleys where small green table lights were set on each right side of the desks. The smell of dusty books would dance just below your nose while you felt the yellowish pages of your book underneath your fingertips. There was always a bunch of hard-working students who were wandering the alleys a heap of books in their arms, roaming the first and second floor as though they were never full of knowledge enough.

When Calista and Calum came in the building, an impenetrable silence cut short their ecstatic mood. They both glanced at each other as if they were in some kind of private wordless conversation that nobody could interrupt. He tilted his head to indicate the right direction to take and beckoned her to walk ahead with a polite smile on his cherubic face.

"I think it is this way." he whispered in her ear after climbing the stairs, causing her to jolt a bit.

They arrived in front of the health section and looked after the book that was lettered down the small note. Their eyes floated around on a hundred books that were neatly tidied on dark wood shelves. Calista lightly touched every back of book until she found the right tag: ZH78. She open her green eyes wide.

"I- I think I found it." she stuttered ill-at-ease.

Calum got closer to his friend eager to discover what this famous book was that required them to sneak into the library that late. His hazel eyes travelled on the title; The Kamasutra: Positions. And he suddenly burst out laughing. And oh god knew how much Calista loved hearing his laugh; she was convinced it could lull a whole army of toddlers. But what she liked the most was the little crinkles that bordered the corner of his lids every time his lips cracked in a beaming smile.

"So... apparently we have to reproduce the 'shoulder stand'."

"Except for the fact we keep our clothes on." she frowned at the drawing.

"Too bad! I knew I should have switched partner." Calum smirked.

Calista nudged him playfully. After looking carefully at the drawing to remember how their bodies must intertwine, they both crouched down on the ground. Calum was on his knees while Calista had to manage to slip her slender legs on his wide shoulders by standing on her elbows. At first nobody seemed to mind their muffled giggles but people started hushing them when they both fell apart after the click of their camera, chuckling.

They were lying on their back, their eyes fixed on the ceiling.

"You know, I've always liked spending time with you." Calum confessed looking into her eyes.

Calista was a bit confused, why did he say that right now? Was he trying to excuse himself for his late behaviour? She was glad they could be friends all over again but so many questions were on her mind, so many queries with no answer. And somehow she was still hoping to leave that maze of daze.