Dream

Normal POV:

The man looked up at the night sky in deep thought. It started to rain but he didn't seem to care, closing his eyes to let the worries sweep away with the water, so he dreamed. Going to the nearest wall, he gets out a weird knife when a dog starts barking. Unlike what we might think though, he uses it not to hurt the dog but to do something else. All that we see is his shadow and something getting out of his back that looks like wings. There are flashes of him cutting his skin as he screams in pain. A hallo of light then comes around his neck, making his weird necklace fall off. Blood goes down the drain and we see his determined face. 

You suddenly wake up breathing hard, what a weird and creepy dream. Sighing, you go outside to get some fresh air and see Jeep and Charlie at the swings. You walk up to them while yawning, still half asleep. "What are you guys doing here so early?" You ask. "The sun isn't even up yet." They turned to you. "We could ask you the same thing," Charlie answers. "The baby's been kicking all night and Jeep had a bad dream." Hearing this, you turn to Jeep. "Again?" You ask. Seeing him nod, you continue. "Well, you're not the only one today." At this, the young man looks up at you. "What happened?" He asks worriedly. "I had a really weird dream of a guy, that's all." You answer while shrugging. Really, it wasn't that bad, just really weird.

 Charlie sighs and gets up from the swing. "Well, I'm going back to bed to try to sleep." She says. You both tell her goodnight. "You won't go back to sleep, Jeep?" You gently ask him. He shakes his head so you sit next to him. "This place may be shitty at times but the sky is really beautiful." You say while smiling. Jeep looks at the sky and finally makes a small smile. "Here's the Jeep I know!" You joke. After that, you both just stare at the sky in comfortable silence, taking in the beauty of the desert.

 If only they knew what was coming.