Chapter 5 - You Pull, I Stretch

Canopus' POV (A/N : ke-no-pes)

Arthur grabbed my neck angrily and glared at me. I didn't understand why he was so upset, I did nothing wrong. Hopefully, when Merlin comes back he'll be able to help me in my journey of revenge.

My neck started to feel uncomfortable, as Arthur's hold made it harder to breathe. I started to pant and my face started to heat up. I didn't want to set him off by struggling and clawing at his grip so I stayed still, staring into his eyes as my own become hooded.

Just as my vision started to darken, he released his hold on me and stepped away. My legs shook and my hands were weak, but I looked over at Merlin, who awoke just seconds earlier.

"I told you he was perfectly fine."

My input was received with a harsh glare and what looked like a scoff but I ignored him as I glanced at Merlin.

"Do you know what has happened now?" I asked, hoping that he would brush me aside like Arthur had but when his eyes started watering and he looked down at the ground I knew there was no hiding it. It wasn't like I had meant to show him my past. My emotions just made it hard to control my power and I let him see what has happened to me.

Merlin looked up at me in shock, whether it was because of the visions I showed him or me speaking I didn't know. He nodded and my shoulders tensed as I waited for him to say something to Arthur and reveal my past. 

"You're a lot stronger than you appear Canopus. I have no idea how you made it through that hell." Merlin looked down at the ground before rising. "I know that if I went through that, I probably would have killed  myself." He shook his head and smiled at me before tugging on Arthur's arm and taking them into the canvas tent. I struggled to figure out what he was saying, especially since he seemed so down but put it behind me as Arthur sent me a glare.

I stood there in my thoughts for a moment. Just thinking. Wondering all the what if's and the maybe's that could have changed me. But when I felt a chill run up my spine I didn't feel the need to think about the possibilities anymore. Especially since it was getting dark and the cold was fast approaching.

Moving to the tent I opened the canvas cover to enter and saw Merlin sleeping soundly on the bed with Arthur right beside him. It was a touching display of emotions but something in me wasn't sitting well. Especially since both of them were male.

Maybe they were just close friends?

I scoffed. Any "friends" that I saw together of the same gender attempting what Arthur and Merlin were, would have probably been burned alive.

These thoughts also brought me back to Merlin's person that came out of his stone tablet. How did a person get that small? And how did he disappear when a round thing on this tablet was touched?

Where exactly am I? What day is it even? Is this even the same year?

Instead of trying to wake the two on the bed I sat on the luxurious lounge chair and watched for any signs of intruders or assassins. After waking up in that place and having people chase after me, I can only assume that they captured me to become a slave.

If they found me they would probably kill me for any lost profits. And to make sure there was no trace that led back to them, they would probably kill Arthur and Merlin too.

Not that I really know them...

With those thoughts in mind, I kept myself alert but kept my eyes closed to preserve energy.

The night dragged on slowly and nothing occurred in the cover of darkness, so when the sun started to brighten the sky, I slowly let myself fall into a light slumber.