Chapter 4

Giza Port, Cairo, Egypt

Krista, Jonathan and Evy were at Giza port, waiting for the man that Jonathan had stolen the box from. Apparently he was going to lead them to Hamunaptra. The two older siblings hadn't given Krista much information on the man, except that he had been dirty and rude and he had punched Jonathan and kissed Evy. Krista couldn't wait to meet him.

"Do you really think he's going to show up?" Evy asked once they finally made it to the launch.

"Undoubtedly yes, knowing my luck. He may be a cowboy, but I know the breed. His word is his word." Jonathan responded as he greeted a few people walking past them.

Krista looked up confused, "He's American?"

Before Jonathan could answer Evy cut in, "Well personally, I think he's filthy, rude, and a complete scoundrel. I don't like him one bit."

"Oh come now Evy, don't you think you're being a bit hard on the man? He couldn't have had a nice go of it in that prison." Krista tried to console her sister a bit but all she got in return was a heated glare.

Evy huffed, "I still don't like him."

"Anyone I know?" A voice said behind her and instantly Krista recognized the owner. She shut her eyes tightly and took a deep breath before turning around to face her husband.

Upon seeing her face, she could tell that Richard O'Connell was well and truly shocked to see her just as much as she was shocked to see him there.

"Hello Rick." She said softly, tears lightly filling her eyes that she forced back. She would not cry in front of her siblings.

"Kris...what are you doing here?" he asked quietly, he couldn't stop staring at her. He had missed her beautiful face.

She let out a sardonic chuckle, "I could ask you the same thing. You've been in prison this whole time, never sent any word to me to let me know where you were. And now here you are ready to board a boat and lead my siblings to Hamunaptra instead of coming home to me."

Rick looked at the ground guiltily, "I'm sorry Kris, I was set to be hung I didn't want you to worry about me, I knew I'd get out of it so there was no reason to get you involved. And I was going to come see you after I got back from Hamunaptra that why I wouldn't have to leave again so soon after reuniting." He informed her as he took a step closer.

Krista sighed and rubbed her forehead, "Shouldn't I have gotten a say in any of this?"

Rick nodded and closed the distance between them, bringing her into his arms, "Yes you should have and I am deeply sorry that I was so thoughtless about your feelings." He placed his finger under her chin and lifted her face to look up at him, "Truce?"

Krista gave a small half smile, "Truce... for now." She whispered standing on her tip-toes to plant a sweet kiss on his lips.

"Uh, Krissy old girl, you have something to tell us?" Jonathan questioned from behind them where he and Evy were standing dumbfounded.