Becoming Deviant

You came back home to see Rebecca waiting for you. "Good afternoon, Hunter, Susie, (Y/n), ."

"Meow." She jumped right out of your bag and rushed over to your bedroom. Happy to be home.

You happily walked inside as well. "(Y/n), where did you go off to?"

"Oh? I found an abandoned looking apartment. It showed no signs of life, so I decided to make that my fake little home."

Your father chuckled, "Still a child at heart..."

You smiled, thinking about Rupert and his energetic personality. How happy he was to meet another person. How he loved his dear birds, which was an odd pet to have. Still, if he loves them and they love him, that's all that matters.

Rebecca walked over to your father and said, "The house is cleaned and ready for the day."

He scoffed and ignored her, "Go sit in a corner or something."

"Rebecca, please go into my room."

"Alright."

"Thank you, Rebecca."

She nodded and smiled, "No problem, (Y/n)."

She walked off and your parents stared at you in confusion. "Is something wrong?"

Mother shook her head and turned away to the kitchen. "It's nothing. Go along to your room, we need to have a talk."

You nodded, worried about what they wanted to talk about, but walked off to your room anyway.

You went over to your room and kicked the chair in your room. How could you let that slip? They might just have your head for this! It might just be what they're talking about right now!

"Why WHY WHY? Why are things like this? Why am I the only one that sees things as the way they should be? Why are humans like this? Why are Androids like this? Why am I not getting the whole picture on everything?" You ranted on and on to yourself.

Elizabeth scared by your new actions and ran into the closet. Rebecca's little light showed signs of turning from Blue to Yellow. You've only seen this happen around her when she is handling your parents or gaining new instructions.

You sighed and laid down on your bed and groaned in frustration. "Sorry, Rebecca. Sorry, Elizabeth. I just-" You sighed and turned around to her, you could see her worried face.

You turned over to face the window. "I can't give out my voice yet until it will mean something. And if I let it out too soon, then I'll lose it all together! I don't want that! I... want to be my own person, free from what everyone wants me to be."

She seemed to process this as well, then she walked over and sat on the bed next to my feet.

"(Y/n), it's okay to share with me your feelings. I've read your book," she handed the locked journal over to me, including the key with it, "And I understand now how our friendship once was like. I'd like to have that again with you. To have you trust me and for me to be your anchor. I mean, I'm sure that your belief of my kind being alive is true, or I might not have proper coding inside of me." She chuckled as you sat up.

"Rebecca... you're back..."

"I'm happy I'm back (Y/n)." She held her arms open and you jumped into her embrace. You held her tightly and sighed in relief. You have her again, you can talk to her as a person, as a friend again.

Then she pulled away and you sat up a bit more properly on your bed. She chuckled and looked over at Elizabeth. "Should I?"

You looked over to the sleeping cat, then shook your head. "No, she seems good. Do you want to ask any questions you have now? I'm sure you haven't gotten everything."