Chapter 6 - Spring air and more confusion

I was standing on the pavement in front of the little club we had played the show tonight, feeling some cold nightly breeze blowing into my face and I trembled for a second….not because of the cold I felt coming through my black coat, but because the sweetest, most innocent and still most seductive scent I had ever smelled in my whole life – it was just way too beautiful to describe – was now lead into my direction by the wind. It was her scent….it was the smell of…..taking a nice long stroll through a beautiful green park full of roses – white roses – and thousands of other flowers on the first day of spring, just when the sun melts the last bits of snow, birds start to sing beautiful melodies and wherever you go, this angelic smell of nature – just barely came to life again, but ready to be explored completely – it was everywhere.

Her scent. Only hers. Only Hannah could smell like this. Though it was about 1am now, and it was a cold pre-winterly night in New York, standing next to this girl…made me feel like it was a sunny day of spring.

After she had surprised me with this kiss – I still didn’t get what the hell was actually going on between me and her - she asked me to come out with her for a stroll and that she was hungry and her favourite restaurant was just around the corner.

We were standing there in silence, outside the club for a couple of minutes, I didn’t really feel like talking because then I could concentrate on breathing in her scent better and she, well she was smoking a cigarette until she snapped it away onto the pavement and looked at me with a soft, suggested but overwhelming smile. “So Mr. Ezra, are we going on a date?” She was so beautiful, it was hard to look at her without getting the feeling of being close to fainting, and she wasn’t the first girl I was taking out, never ever before was I so stunned by a girl. But oh well, how many times have I said that to myself already?

She came closer to hook her arm into mine. Spring, sunshine, birds singing. After another few seconds of silence, I felt like it was about to get awkward and I decided to open a conversation while we were walking through the city streets, feeling soft raindrops on our faces – but it probably was about to start raining heavily - .

“ So… You really shocked me for a little second when you kissed me….I mean… I had no idea you were actually going to come to our show and I didn’t expect a greeting like this” For tonight, I finally made it to get away from my weird young –shy – school boy behavior that I only seemed to show towards Hannah, but the more I felt like she was actually somehow interested in me too ( I mean, never would I have even dared to dream about this in high school or university, maybe that’s the reason why I just couldn’t be me, Me, Ezra instead of young-awkward-weirdo Ez.)

Hannah looked over to me for a second and smiled. Sunshine. “ So… you didn’t expect to see me again? Didn’t you miss me? Of course I would come to see you play live. I will admit that I have never really given attention to your music before though….but now that I’m getting to know Mr.Ezra I felt like I should educate myself a bit more about him, right?” Wow,she really seemed to want to get to know me. “ And about that kiss…well, I guess I felt bad for just disappearing the last time we met.” I looked away for a second, not being sure if I actually was about to blush red or not – wow, the last time we met was the first time we fucked – and then I looked back at Hannah, feeling like her eyes were blinking at mine. “And then you know…since I felt like you didn’t think I was totally disgusting that night, I felt like giving you a little kiss would be some kind of redemption for my disappearance and not trying to get in contact with you for these 2 weeks.”

A little kiss? A LITTLE KISS? Holy Christ, we were making out wildly  backstage and she called it a little kiss.

“ Didn’t you enjoy it? I’m sure if I took you by surprise so badly..” Whether  she was asking me about us having sex the last time or the kiss just a few minutes ago, she knew damn well how much I enjoyed it. “ Oh well, I did enjoy it….” I thought about that for a second and felt like what I said was super awkward. “ I mean… I was really wondering what you were up to the last 2 weeks. Where have you been?” I’m not sure why, but it seemed like Hannah’s mien changed from a happy one into a more thoughtful one for a tiny, really just a tiny little second. Did I say something wrong? She smiled at me again, but this time it somehow was less beautiful, somehow seemed pretended. “ Working.” Ok, I had definitely said something wrong. How was I going to fix this situation when I didn’t even know what I had done?

I was glad Hannah suddenly started to wear her usual – beautiful, innocent and still seductive - facial expression anew as she started talking again. “ Oh Ezra, why does it matter where I have been? I’m here now, and I’m pretty damn hungry. Thank god we’re almost there, just one more corner.” Ok, she seemed to be in a way better mood now again, maybe I had been totally wrong with seeing this unhappy look on her face.

As we made it to the corner I spotted some yellow weird lighting logo in the air….Ok,it was the McDonalds sign.

“There we are,finally.Let’s get some nice food here” Hannah said, walking faster and almost pulling me behind her, still having her arm hooked into mine.

McDonalds?What? I wouldn’t have minded inviting her to some really expensive restaurant…but this?

Ok, I had no idea who this girl was and what she was up to and why we were walking arm in arm now, but I adored her. She was different….different in an inexplicable way….