Prologue

Winter hurried through Sanctuary as fast as he could fly. He was late already. I need to get there! It hatches tonight! he thought to himself. He was sure Moon was there, but he wanted to be there for the birth of their dragonet. This made him go much faster than he'd ever had.

Moonwatcher was watching the egg. Waiting for it to hatch. "You are going to be a beautiful dragonet, aren't you?" she said to the egg. She put her talons around the egg and hugged it.

Just then, Winter came in. "Am I late?" He said,panicking "Has it hatched yet?" Moon looked at him "No, not yet but she will soon" Winter was confused. "She? How do know that?"
"I can tell" Moon looked at the egg. "She can hear us too."

Winter loved Moon, but he couldn't read her mind like she could read his. Then he noticed that the egg was by the window, and the two moons full and bright. "Moon, she is next to the window, and the moons are out"
"I know" she said, not leaving the egg
"Won't she be like you then? Didn't you hate having those powers?"
" 'Those powers' are what lead us here" she said angrily. "They helped find Hailstorm and Icicle. They kept me from dying too"
She had been waiting for this moment since she found out she was with egg. " I don't care what's wrong with her, I'll love her, same as my mother did with me"

"Moon I am sorry to make you mad, I didn't mean anything by it"
He put his wing around her.
"It's okay Winter, I overreacted"
Then a cracking sound filled the room they instantly looked at the egg and saw it started break open.

Then a dragonet broke the egg and sat there.
She had black scales with white around the edges of her scales and wings. Her claws were serrated  like an icewing's. The front of her head was white, and she had a few extra horns.
"She's beautiful Moon, she's perfect, just like you"
Winter watched as Moon and the dragonet stared at each other.
"Is she a telepathic?" He asked, certain of the answer.
"Yes, she is" Moon answered
Just then, the dragonet climbed out the window.

Winter panicked "Three Moons!" he yelled when they went outside,they couldn't find her at first. Moon grabbed Winter and started to cry. "Winter where is she? Please Pyarria not again!" They had already lost an egg before it hatched. Winter looked at the base of the house and saw her in the snow "Right there"
Moon instantly grabbed the dragonet out of the snow "Don't ever do that ever again" she said to dragonet.
"Let's call her Snowhider" Winter said when they were inside
"That's a good name Winty"  she said, making him blush
"No, really I'm serious"
"So am I" Moon said, cuddling the dragonet "Snowhider is a great name"