Ep.1 - promotion

"Really?!" Her squeal echoes from my phone, causing me to turn away from it.

I sigh, rolling my eyes out of habit.
"Of course, why would I lie to you?"

I just received a promotion from an officer to an agent, given the first assignment to "reassure the safety" or simply bodyguard a group of idols.

After hearing the news from my call, my best friend and co worker, Rae In, is jumping in joy.

"Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh!" She squeals--again--excitedly.

"Whoa, calm down. It's not that big of a deal." I try calming her down, only to receive a scoff

I guess it is a big deal then.

"Not a big deal? We're talking about the first ever Kpop boy band to receive a billboard music award, I mean, how amazing is that?! BTS is one of the Kpop legends now!"

Here we go again with the history lesson of Kpop...

"Okay, okay. Whatever you say. It's not like I'll be around them THAT much." I cross my arms while fiddling with a pencil, still in my sitting position on the bed.

"What do you mean? A bodyguard is clearly supposed to stay near them at all times, it's basically the definition of a bodyguard" She claims.

She's not wrong, I just don't want to get her hopes up too high because I have absolutely NO interest in them whatsoever. It'll probably be another normal day of my job.

"Wait, I thought you were being promoted to an agent? Why did you end up being a bodyguard and why are you guarding a top high league Kpop boy band?" She thinks aloud.

I groan with annoyance filled in my voice. "They did this big country economic donation, involves loads of zeros. The country; relying on the agency, wanted to give a token of gratitude." I explain, earning an 'ooh' sound from my best friend.

"For how long?" She asks again, for the something-eth time.

"Until I have successfully grow to the goals of 'reassuring their safety' by their manager." I think hardly. "Which will probably be longer than I imagine..."

"Oh god, I'm so excited for you!!! A little jealous, but excited!!!"

"Just stop it right there, I get it. They're a big deal worldwide. I'm just sorry that it'll probably another normal day for me. It's just my job and this is a promotion that gives me more responsibility than ever."

She sighs again, disappointment heard right through it.

"You never were the type to care about these things, huh."

Great, now I feel guilty.

"I envy you, and how professional you act everyday...
but just remember, you need to enjoy your life. And you can't; by being stuck on concentrating on your job twenty-four-seven."

"I'll think about it." I answer, not wanting to get emotional.

I was grateful for the promotion, although I wasn't expecting it.

The promotion was kind of rushed, due to my senior suddenly and unexpectedly quitting to pursue his dreams of being an artist.

The training and lessons were tough to be honest, but I managed with the amount of basic training I have had as an officer.

Who knows what might happen, but whatever it is, I have a feeling it's not going to be like one of my everyday jobs.

A/N
EDITED; SOME MAJOR PARTS ADDED