Just as Deadly- 4

"ALIX!" I hear my first in command call. I turn to look at him. He's towering over my own 5'8 body with his own 6'4 self. He's impossible to miss. Matt throws a gun at me. I raise my fist in an acknowledgment of thanks and start firing.

The royal guards are coming in waves. One after another they come in a never ending stream of bodies to be littered across the castle floor. I barely see as I slice and shoot and maim the people flooding the room. Soon, it's just me and Matt and a few others from the base.

I look at Matt and see him about to me taken down by the human in front of him. I feel a sting on the side of my face, one of the few places with flesh. I chuckle. They all want to take down the invincible cyborg, now do they? I finish my attacker off and signal for the other to follow me. We have to get out before the next flood of people come. We have to have a plan. Not a save-the-stupid-princess plan, but a finish-the-crown-and-it's-entire-line-once-and-for-all plan.

The boys gather around me and we head for home.

Once we're by the gates I turn and look back at the palace. I see him at the front with his mother. They're just looking out at us. I can feel them watching, waiting, wishing. I look at the remainder of my crew.

"Let's go home, boys." I say.

They nod. Soon we're racing into the night with the sun at our heels. I look at the sky and watch stars fill it. Dust swarms behind us leaving a trail of where we've been and where we are going to go again. I feel stardust licking at my wires and sigh.

I will have revenge. One way or another, I will kill the prince. I will kill the boy who turned my heart black. I will kill the boy who drove a ruby engraved dagger into my heart. I will kill David, the boy, the lost lover, the prince, who betrayed me. 

~ ~

Vote

Fan

Comment