chapter 6

the next morning was pretty amazing.

carl could finally walk around.

but also things were a little strange, glenn wasn't acting like his normal self. it's like he's hiding something.

i was helping dale with some things when glenn started passing around some peaches. "hey, what's up?" i asked when he gave me one. "nothing. nothings up. nothing, why?" he asked with his eyes wide open. "nothin'..." i said scrunching my eyebrows together in confusion. i then looked at dale and he had the exact same expression as i did. something is definitely up.

i started cutting up the peach as i made my way to mine and dad's tent. he didn't want to take up anymore room in the house so he moved himself to our tent.

as i got there, andrea was leaving. i looked her in the eye and gave her a death stare. she just gave me a guilty look. "reagan, i'm sor-" she started. i cut her off. "i don't want to hear it" i said opening up the tent zipper and climbing in.

dad was poking holes in the tent with one of his arrows. "here, here's a book" he said tossing a book to me. i caught it. "quit being a bitch to andrea. i know she shot me, but i'm still here. ain't i? she was trying to protect the group. lay off." dad said. "ok" i said quietly handing him a peach. "thanks" he said taking a bite into it.

"reagan, come here!" i heard rick yell a short time after. i left the tent to find shane, rick, and one of hershel's family members looking at a map.

"the creek flows south past that farm house that daryl found. maybe sophia dropped the doll there the current brought it down stream" rick said pointing to the map and showing us what he was talking about.

shane is going to head out with a partner. he wanted me to go, but my dad still doesn't want me to leave the farm.

we got recruits for shane's gun training. i'm helping along side of him cause apparently i'm the best shot in the group. when everyone was shooting, shane, rick, and i walked around in the back. everyone was doing fairly good.

andrea is a really good shot when it comes to hand guns. i don't like the idea of her having a gun though. shane decided that he would give her extra training since she's pretty good.

the rest of the day was uneventful. i had my daily lesson with hershel. then i hung out with dale for a little bit.

and the rest of the time i made sure my dad had some company.

it feels like something is changing though. it's like everyone is hiding something.

i just hope this all passes over.