Chapter 3

Cameron's POV
~~~
Finally! We are excused from 2nd to go to our game. I exit my classroom. "Good luck!" I hear my class say. "Thanks." I reply bluntly. Fake asses. I finally turn my attention to focus on my game. I walk down the hall towards the east wing stairs because just outside of the doors on ground level is the beautiful turf field. "Cam!" I turn to see who it was, it was my brother Riley. He catches up to me and walks at my pace. "Alright, make sure you play C.A.M properly." he tells me. I gasp out loud as I just thought of the most coincidental thing ever.  "You know what I just thought of!?" I say in excitement. Riley glares at me waiting for me to finish. He hates it when I interrupt him. "My name is Cam and i'm playing C.A.M today!!" I say chuckling at myself looking at him. He gives me a blank face as if I'm weird for mentioning that. "Anyways!" He says dramatically indicating how irrelevant my comment was. He's so extra. "I use to play Centre Attacking Mid before. It isn't easy." He states finishing what he meant to say earlier. My team plays a 4-3-3 formation. I'm the starting left wing but because our C.A.M (Centre Attacking Midfield) is suspended for a match due to getting 2 yellows in a span of 2 games, I have to play for her. "Ri! I know what I'm doing." I say. I get super defensive when people try to lecture me. "I'm just saying." he then pleads backing off. We walk in silence as we push past the doors to the stairwell. The silence was broken by the sound of the door opening behind us. We both turn to look. It was Ian. "Ready Cam?" he asks me out of breath. "Yeah... Why are you so out of breath? You get like a level 13 on the beep test." I say questioning his fitness. He takes a final gasp of air trying to catch his breathe. "Sydney." he finally says. He didn't even have to explain. "Ew." I stop midway through the stairs to say looking at him in disgust. Riley looked at me confused because he didn't know what was going on. "What? Why are you say— Ohhh! No no no no no. You got me all wrong." He says clearing the air shaking his hands in a 'no' motion. I exhale in relief. I hated seeing Ian with her. He's my friend and I don't like seeing him get used by her. She's just so rotten. "I mean... I will love to but she isn't in to me like that. She sees me as a brother." He finally states. I roll my eyes and continue down the stairs. They follow. We finally reach the bottom of the stairwell and push past the final doors. "Holy Shit!" we all say trying to block the sunlight form our eyes as the LA sun blinded us all. "Catch you guys after the game?" I turn to ask the two. "Yea. Of course." Riley says as he walks past me. "Staying for ours?" Ian asks me squinting his eyes because of the Cali sunshine. "I don't know... I do have class." I say backing down. I notice a shadow past Ian in the window of the doors of the stairwell. The door then opens. "Oh shit thats bright." The figure says also shielding their eyes from the sun. It was Edwin, again. He looked at me. Ian turned around to see who it was. "I can see you've waited for me." He says while walking closer to the two of us. "Uhhh." I start to say before I figure out what I wanted to say. "I think what you want to say is: 'Thanks for coming Edwin. I love it when you support me!'" he says trying to mock a girl's voice. He then gives his cocky smile. I laugh in discomfort. "Thanks for coming? I guess...?" I say in a question like tone as I look to Ian who found this conversation very interesting. "I'll go." He then says leaving. I shove him and give him a look trying to say 'don't leave me here alone!!'. He either didn't understand or he's just a prick. I watch Ian as he left the two of us alone. I finally look back at Edwin. He was a lot closer to me then he was just a moment ago. "Have you thought about my party yet?" He says stepping towards me once more. "I-I don't know. We'll see." I say to him to get of my ass. I really don't want to go because I have to study for my Biology test on Monday and I still haven't finished studying. "That's not the answer I was hoping to hear." He says dropping the tone of his voice to become more intimidating. Our bodies were only inches apart at this point. My breathing starts to become uneasy. He looks into my eyes then my lips then back into my eyes smiling. I look at the floor and blush so he wouldn't see. I then twirl the ends of my hair because that's just something I do when I feel awkward. Edwin uses two fingers to pick my head back up so he can look into my soul. What the fuck was this guy doing to me. "I have a game." I finally say frustrated with myself as of why I couldn't have thought of that any earlier to get out of this situation. I know this boy and his way with girls at this school. I'm not gonna get myself into that. I turn around about to leave. Edwin grabs my hand once again. "We're definitely not done here. We'll finish what we started tonight at mine." He says in a deep tone once again promoting his party tonight. I shiver at his words. He laughs at my reaction and lets go of my arm. I start to walk away. "Bang two in." He shouts so I can here him. I just start to run because I notice my team beginning the warm up.