Chapter 11

Zion's POV
~~~
It's now 9:49 pm. I can't believe I'm still at Edwin's. The way I kept myself entertained is by playing Fortnite on Edwin's Play Station. I've played like 10 games, winning 6 of them. Hannnnn. I get off of the Play Station because my eyes began to hurt. I rub my eyes and leave the game room. I sat back on the sofa in the living room and went onto my phone. I never knew how much like Nick I really was. My phone has just been super interesting lately. I scroll through my Instagram feed because I am just so bored. I noticed that Sydney posted 3 hours ago  I guess I missed it because I was playing Fortnite. It was a picture taken outside of Edwin's house on the porch swing. She was wearing the same outfit as last night. Her cute black romper with black nike slides. She's so cute. I comment '😍😍' on it. I scroll through the rest of the comments reading a few that caught my eye. Jacob commented '🔥🔥', Edwin commented 'hey! that's my house! 🙃' a few girls saying 'Yas Queen' and 'SLAAYYY ❤️' and shit and one guy who actually pissed me off. He commented 'check your dms 😏'. I call her immediately. She answers. "Yes?" she answers confused. I know why she answered like that because I literally never call her. "Why is that guy commenting 'check your dms' with a smirking emoji?" I ask her. She sighs. "It's just some loser at Rosewood." She says believing that will solve the issue. "What did he say?" I ask not realizing how nosey I was being. "Fuck off Zion!" she snaps me. "Alright, I'm sorry." I say admitting my wrongs before she hangs up. She laughs. "Why do you care-ahhh?" she asks me beginning to lighten up the mood. I chuckle. "You know why I care." I tell her. She laughs. "Cute. Mind your business, Ok? Bye!" she says hanging up the phone. I honestly don't think that went too bad. I smile thinking of that conversation we just had. I was interrupted by the door opening. It's was Edwin and Cameron. Odd. "Broooo!" Edwin says pausing at the door. I look at him and smile knowing exactly what he was going to say. "What are you still doing here? It's like 10:00." he points out. I shrug. "Just didn't have much to do I guess." I say as an excuse to why I'm still here. Honestly, I just didn't want to drive home. Edwin walks into the house and sits on the couch beside me, Cam follows. "Hey Zion!" she calls to me. She's so sweet. Edwin can learn a lot from her. "Hey Cam!" I say matching her tone. She laughs and sits beside me. I look to Edwin who looked annoyed. I guess he's mad Cameron didn't sit beside him. I look at him and taunted him. Edwin punches my arm making me laugh. Cameron laughs as well, I guess at my laugh. The laughing dies when my phone started to ring, it was B. "Yup." I say answering the phone. "Yeah, I'm bored out of my mind bro. What are you doing?" He asks me. "Nothing, still at Edwin's." I tell him. It's silent at on the other end. I get up to leave the 2 alone. I put Brandon on speaker then headed into my car to drive to his place.

Edwin's POV
~~~
I get up to grab the remote to out on Netflix. I sat back down beside Cam. "What kind of movies do you like?" I ask her while browsing through the 'Popular on Netflix' row. "Any will be fine." she tells me. I look at her. "Cmon." I say to her so she can choose. "I don't knoowwww!" She says looking at me. I look back at her in a way so she'll know I'm getting annoyed. She sighs. I just kick my feet up onto the table and wait for her choice. I look at her again. "Do you like horror movies?" She asks me. I think about it for a moment. Yes I hated them because it reminded me of Mia and I but, none of that mattered now. "Do you like horror movies?" I say mocking her and clicked on the first horror movie I found. She laughs at my choice. "Lights Out." I say noticing the title nodding. I look at her and she's smiling. "I watched this in theatres with Julia!" she says excited. "Had the lights on everywhere for 2 days." She adds looking at me. I laugh. "It's that scary?" I ask her as I read the description. She nods. I haven't watched this movie but knowing the way Cameron is acting, I know it's a good one. The movie starts. "Oh shoot!" I say as I remember to grab snacks for the movie. I get up and jogged to the kitchen. "Shoot?" She asked me laughing. "Shit!" I say correcting myself. Who tf says shoot? I grab out Liquorice, and popcorn. I throw the popcorn into the microwave and watched it pop. This was lowkey entertaining. "Have you ate?" I ask her as I grab a dry bowl from the dishwasher. I placed it on the counter and waited the last 23 seconds left for the popcorn to finish popping. "Yeah." She answers me. I turn to see what's going on every now and then. The microwave beeps meaning the popcorn's done. I pop the bag a shook the popcorn into the bowl while watching the movie. "Hurry Up!" Cameron yells at me. I can tell she's scared and she doesn't want to watch this part alone. I grab the bowl with my left and place the twizzlers package in my mouth to hold it as I grabbed 2 gatorades in my right hand. I walk them all over to the couch and placed them all on the table. I sit down back where I was. "What's going on?" I ask her as I opened the twizzlers package. I take one out and took a bite out of it. "Watch." She tells me as she reached over to grab the twizzlers from me. I dodged her. "No no no no no!" I say defending my favorite treat. "Edwin!" she calls out begging, reaching over to my held out hand. If only she was begging me for something much better. By this time, she was fully on me. "CHILL OUT!!!" I say as she managed to hold me down and grab the liquorice. She returns back to her original seating but this time, with my twizzlers. Bitch. I just continued to watch the movie. She laughs then turns serious again once the lady switches the lights from on and off repeatedly. Each time the light's off, the figure thing appears, when it's on, it disappears. "Shit!" I say as I jumped in fright as the figure pops in on the screen. Cameron scoots closer to me curling into a ball, covering her eyes. "I remember this part." she says placing her head on my chest. I say laughing as she did. The movie literally started and I'm already shitting myself. The ghost/figure/Diana whatever tf IT is appears again to attack the guy, I actually jump. "HOLY SHIT!!" I yell. Cameron dives onto me covering her face. I start to die of laughter at the fact that this movie was actually getting to us. She laughs as well getting back up to continue watching the movie. Shit goes down again and we laugh to distract ourselves from being scared. I started to get it, Diana, the demon thing can't be in the light so she only appears in the dark. "I actually can't with this movie!" Cameron says in a frustrated tone. I wrap my arm around her and she allowed it.
She starts to speak so I look at her. "What was that spanish song you played last night?" She asked me like I would remember. "I have no idea." I say getting back into the movie. I look at Cameron because she's silent. She looks like she's trying to remember something. "What are you thinking about?" I ask her switching my attention to her and the movie. Shit! That actually scared me for a second. She starts. I turn my attention back on her. "What was that song!?" she repeats herself tapping my shoulder frustration. I know those ones when you try to remember something but can't quite get it. I hate those. "I have the playlist." I say to her. She looked at me relieved. "There were like 2 spanish songs that played back to back." She says waiting for me to take out my phone to look. "Well, It was on shuffle." I say. "There were a lot of songs." I add bursting her bubble. She sighs. "Ok, just look through it." She pleads. I sigh and take my phone out of the zipped pocket. I unlock it with my passcode when I get a text message. I quickly swipe it up so Cameron didn't see who it was from. Good thing I got good reflexes. I open the white app and went through my playlists and clicked on the one I used yesterday. I grab the remote and paused the movie so I wouldn't miss anything. Hopefully I didn't miss much. I scroll through it to where I remember adding the some songs she may be talking about. "X?" I ask her as I played it. She listens for a bit then shakes her head. "No." she answers in disappointment. I continue click through some songs, she shaking her head to all of them. She sighs. "Why? You like them?" I ask her smiling feeling complimented. "Wait." she stops me from switching the song. I guess she's recognizing this one. I wait for the chorus. "THIS!" she says with a little smile. Her smile is so cute. I smile at her reaction. "El Amante." I say. Of course it's a Nicky Jam song, that's who everyone likes. She pulls out her phone I'm guessing to add it to her music library. I sing along to it. "Te caliento más, más, más. Te caliento más, más, más. Te caliento." (I'll warm you up.) I sing looking at her. She smiles and jokingly dances along. Love it. I laugh. "You like it, huh?" I ask her. "Yeah." She admits. I go to play the movie again but she stops me. "You don't remember this song from last night?" She asked me getting a bit serious. I act to think because I didn't want to give a straight up 'No'. I shake my head. She looks at me. "We danced to this song you idiot. And another one." She finally breaks the news to me. There's no way she would've brought this up if she didn't care. I smile. "Did we?" I ask her. She pushes me and laughs. "That's why you shouldn't drink like an dumb ass to forget shit." She lectures me. I laugh. "It was very cute." She finally admits. I gave her a cheeky smile and stood up. I reached out my hand for her to grab. "Remind me then." I say softly for the effect of my words. She grabs it so I help her up. I connected my phone to the bluetooth speakers and played the song. I pulled her in close and began to dance with her. I spun her around making her smile, which made me smile. I swayed her side to side. She leaned her head on my chest. "Mami, yo me siento tuyo. Yo sé que tú te sientes mía." I sing along to the song which make her look up at me. I look down to her. "What does that mean?" she asks me. I'm glad she did. "Mami, I am yours. I know you feel mine." I translated for her. She smiles then puts her head back in my chest. "Isn't Italian similar to Spanish?" I ask her absolutely having know idea if that's a true fact. I was just trying to make conversation. "I wouldn't know." she answers. I look down at her and she raises her head. "What do you mean?" I ask her curious of her recent statement. "I don't speak Italian. I just know some words." She explains to me. I just nod and danced with her until the end of the song. The song finishes and she sits down right away and plays the movie. I'm hurt that she just did me like that. I shake my head making her laugh then sat back down beside her, grabbing back MY twizzlers. This time, I pull her in closer. We cuddle for the remainder of the movie. I check my phone remembering that I've received a message. I swipe down to check my notifications to reveal Mia on my phone. "Shit." I say to myself. "What?" Cameron asks me still watching the movie. "Nothing. That just scared me." I lie accusing the movie for my sudden reaction. "It's nothing." I repeat.
——————
A/N

I know this chapter is pretty short but... the next should be a bit longer... maybe

CLIFF HANGER! 🤷‍♀️

sorry for any mistakes 🌝

xox - kylizzleb 🌷