Chapter 24

Edwin's POV
~~~
Ok. So, I was going to take Cameron out to this fancy place a little outside of the city for dinner. I really don't like it but I knew that girls loved it. I actually had everything planned out. I was going to wear dress shoes, not anymore though. We would eat first then go for a nice walk by the beach or some shit. BUT, my phone saved my irresponsible ass when I got the reminder that I have a banquet to attend with the boys tonight. Austin has his wedding— I mean, 9 month anniversary with Julia and Zion is with his family at a Lakers game meaning, neither of them will be available for tonight. Guess it's just B, Nick and I going. I'll just have to make the best of this banquet and turn it into a date for Cam and I. I call Brandon because I knew he's at Nick's. He answers. "Yeah!" he says. "I'm gonna bring Cameron so you guys drive yourselves!" I tell him. I hang up before he gets the chance to complain. This banquet is the board's stupid way of bringing schools across the region together. They had one prior to every regional extra curricular competition out there, this one just happened to be for dance. This event happens every year at this banquet hall downtown. It's like a good luck before the competition starts. I'll just take Cameron to the fair or a trampoline park for our first official date later this week. Anyways, the dress code is formal so I'm wearing a black, stick people figured patterned pants with the matching button up dress shirt. I leave the top 3 buttons open. I'm also wearing my favourite black with white soles Balenciagas. (***what he wore the day before the 2018 VMAs***). I also have on a few accessories as in my silver rolex, rings, chains and whatever, classy as fuck. I park outside of the restaurant and ran in to cancel the reservation. I walk up to the front desk and talked to the guy there who was on his phone. "Hi, I will like to cancel the reservation under Honoret please. Something came up last minute." I say in my best 'Polite Brandon' impression. He looks up from his phone. "Are you serious? Do you know how many people we turned down for that table?" the guy asks me, rudely. I drop the act instantly. I gave him nothing but respect. "Does it look like I care? At the end of the day, I'm not gonna be here for 6." I tell him straight up, keeping my cool. It was then this guy had the audacity to grunt, shake his head and roll his eyes at me. He might as well have spat at me. "Hold up. Who the FUCK are you disrespecting like that!?" I snap at him, raising my voice a bit. The only exception I had for attitude was when Cameron did it, it was cute and this wasn't it. The manager walks over to 'resolve' the problem. "Is everything alright sir?" she asks me with the fakest smile. I turned my attention to her. "I think you need to have a little chat with with this pussy about his attitude if you want people to continue coming to this fucking place, no cap." I tell her truthfully. I heard a lady behind me do one of those "Um Hms" siding with me. I can get this guy fired if I really wanted to. He's lucky I'm in a good mood. I hear her start talking to him as I left. I smile at the lady behind me and walked out into the parking lot and to my car. I hop in and made my way to pick up my beautiful date.

I arrive to her house and there was no cars in the driveway. That had to mean her parents were not home. I pulled in and parked. I looked at my phone to check the time. It was now 5:30. I see texts from B saying "Where are you?" and shit. I ignore them. I then text Cam.

E: I'm outside...we're running late!!

C: not ready...

E: Its 6!! 🙄

C: 5:32*

I really didn't have the patience right now.

E: Why aren't u ready?? I told you 5:10!

C: IT TAKES TIME EDWIN! 🤬

E: Ok. Sorry. Need any of my help?

C: Yes actually. It would help
if I knew where we're going so I knew what to wear 🙃