26

"Why do you always listen to sad songs?"

"Sometimes it's because I think they're relaxing and very good, obviously," Cheryl answered Midge back, turning in to Midge's driveway.

"Yeah that was obvious, Fridge," Toni smirked, watching her through the rear view mirror as she scoffed.

"So much having a second name like Topaz when you're a bottom, huh?" Midge spat back, the smirk on Toni's face wiped off causing Cheryl to choke on the sips of water.

"Hm, bye!" Toni waved with a scoff.

"Bye ladies!" Midge laughed, stepping out of the car with her bag in hand and began to walk into her house.

"I'll drop you guys off next," Cheryl nodded, reversing onto the road and made her way to the Southside.

"What you did today was really nice," Toni commented, looking at the red roses in her lap. "And you look really hot."

Cheryl grinned, "Thank you. I'm glad you liked it."

"The roses or that outfit?" Toni flirted, taking her bottom lip between her teeth as her eyes skimmed the redheads collarbone and downwards.

"Eyes up here," Cheryl warned, rolling her eyes.

"Sorry," Toni apologised. "You have a nice set."

Veronica choked on the water she was sipping, instantly coughing within her chuckling.

Cheryl's eyes widened. "A nice what?"

"A nice set," Toni repeated, moving her eyes downwards.

"Are you talking about my b-" Cheryl asked, shaking her head as she drove.

Toni burst out into laughter too. "No, babe! Nice set of necklaces you have on!"

Cheryl's cheeks burned with embarrassment. "Okay, sure."

The redhead pulled into Sunnyside Trailer Park and parked in front of Toni and Veronica's trailer, watching as Toni stepped out of the car but bend down again, revealing a risqué view of her cleavage.

"Hopefully next time you come here it'll be to kiss me again," Toni said, standing up again as she blew Cheryl a kiss from the door but shut up when Veronica rolled her eyes and whispered something to her.

The small girl ran down the steps and bent down again. "Stay."

"What?" Cheryl asked. "Are you sure?"

Toni nodded and ran around to the other side of the car and opened the door for Cheryl. "After you, Miss Blossom!"

Cheryl giggled and stepped out of the car, taking her bag with her as she stepped out, walking over to Veronica.

Toni unlocked the door and and Hermione instantly greeted her with a tight hug.

Cheryl's heart warmed up at the sight. She never received the love Toni was given by Hermione, yet she was grateful that the girl she loved had gotten the feeling.

Love.

Cheryl shook her head, she didn't even know what romantic love was, but she sure did feel something with Toni.

She also knows that Hermione isn't Toni's biological mother and she doesn't know the girls story. The truth is that Toni was like a library, and Cheryl would happily read every book.

"You're staring," Veronica whispered to the redhead as Toni disconnected herself from the hug, talking happily to her mother-like figure.

"I don't care," Cheryl stated, keeping her eyes on Toni as she bounced slightly, her pink hair swaying side to side. "I think she's beautiful."

"You've never been like this with anyone," Veronica confirmed, slightly giving the other girl a side hug as she spoke. "I'm happy for you."

Cheryl sniffled and looked down. "We're not even together."

"Oh my god, are you crying?" Veronica asked out of concern, turning to Cheryl completely.

"No! I have hay fever."

"It's December!"

"So?"

"Uh, are you okay?" Toni asked the two when she was finally finished speaking to Hermione.

"Yes!" They both said in unison, the pair playfully glaring at each other.

"Okay," Toni said, dragging out her words as she looked at the two suspiciously.

"Where's Pea?" Veronica asked curiously, since there was no sign of him anywhere.

"Wyrm with Jason."

"Come," Toni started, grabbing ahold of Cheryl's hand and pulling her into her bedroom. "I'm glad I'm home."

"I missed you," Cheryl confessed, sitting on Toni's bed as her back hit the headboard, the other girl mirroring her actions.

"I missed you more," Toni said, staring into Cheryl's brown orbs before she was interrupted by Veronica barging into the room.

"Toni. Let's go, serpent stuff!" Veronica rushed, fixing the collar of her own leather jacket.

"Is it that street race with the Ghoulies?" Cheryl asked, rolling her eyes at the thought of the enemy gang.

"I don't know, but Fangs called and said it was serious," Veronica huffed, growing impatient.

"Can I come?" Cheryl asked hopefully.

"No, pretty lady! Just incase," Toni grinned. She was only looking out for the girl's safety.

"Yeah, next time, Cher."

Cheryl rolled her eyes. "Fine, whatever. Stay safe! And if there's any danger, call me." She shouted as the two left the trailer.

Toni and Veronica got onto their motorcycles and sped off, a feeling of worry within them.

"What's going on?" Toni asked, raising her voice slightly so Veronica was able to hear as she rode beside her.

"I have no idea. A proposition from Malachai or something," Veronica shrugged. She hated that guy with a passion, and his girlfriend. "Always took an interest in Cheryl although she doesn't play for his team!"

Toni giggled and shook her head. He never stood a chance.

They raced through the roads until they finally reached the Whyte Wyrm, and it was catastrophic. All the serpents were finally rounded inside and Toni and Veronica entered.

"So let's do it!" They heard FP shout and they instantly looked at each other.

FP was stood with his fist raised in the air with Tallboy and even Jughead behind him.

"What's going on?" Veronica whispered to a nearby serpent.

"The Ghoulies. They want war."

"Hm, what do you mean?" Toni asked within a whisper, raising a brow at the man.

"They want some of our turf, Malachai wants to fight us for it," the young man explained, flipping his switchblade up and handing it to Toni who took it gratefully with a worried smile. "I don't need it, you might."

"It won't get that dangerous, will it?" The pink haired serpent asked, looking worriedly at her best friend.

Veronica shrugged and put a strand of hair behind her ear, "It probably will." She watched as Toni nodded and put the switchblade in her pocket with a sigh. She wasn't ready for things to get this dangerous, she didn't want to lose anyone tonight, especially not Toni.