Chapter 45: Talking to the Moon

No one's POV
It's night time in Auradon and it was quiet. It's not usual." Maya, open up." Josh knocked on the door for the 100th time." She still don't open up. Mal, where's the key to this room?" Josh asked worried can describe him.

Mal gave Josh the key to the room and Riley, Evie, and Mal were waiting. As Josh finally unlocked the door, he found Maya staring off the window.

Josh run up to her engulfing he into a hug." J-josh." Maya stuttered." Maya, o my gosh. You're ok." Josh breathed shaking while hugging her.

Maya hugged back. Suddenly after they released the hug Maya was turning pale and she feel drowsy." Maya, Maya, Maya!" Josh said worrying.

He placed his hand on her forehead and felt her hot temperature." Maya, you're burning." Josh said. Maya didn't replied as she started to get dizzy and out of balance.

Josh caught her and kept shaking her to get her conscious." Maya." Josh called once again. He carried her to her bed and sighed.

" Mal!" Josh shouted. Mal, Riley, and Evie entered the room and found him on the bed beside Maya who very pale and cold. He was holding her hand.

Mal and the others went beside Maya and held her arm or forehead." She's burning." Riley said." I'll go get the cold water, alcohol, and face towel." Riley said as she left the room.

Mal sat down next to Maya." I'll bring you food, and you'll eat." Mal said. Maya didn't said a word. Mal sighed before leaving the room.

" Is there anything else you need?" Evie asked kindly, losing her voice." Sorry, my throat hurts." Evie apalogised." It's ok Evie. I'm pretty sure all of us last our voice from crying." Maya said.

" All I just need is to know if my daughter is ok or not." Maya said sitting up. Josh assisted her." Trust me, all of us do." Evie said.

Maya looked down and buried her face on Josh's chest wrapping her arms around him. Josh hugged her back. Evie smiled weakly and soon Chad knocked on the door and went to Evie.

" Hey honey." Chad greeted in a whisper before giving Evie a peck on the lips." I think you guys need some alone time. We're gonna go now." Evie said before going out the room.

Riley and Maya came back with the things for Maya. Josh smiled at Maya before dumping the face towel in the water and sponging the wet towel to Maya.

" Thanks Josh." Maya said." I requested Mrs. Potts to make you a soup. I hope you'll like it." Mal said." Thanks guy, but I can take care of myself." Maya said.

" Maya, look at this place, look at you. You're not ok. I'm here for you, we're all here for you." Josh said. Maya sighed knowing Josh is right.

While in the dormitory, Harvey locked himself in his room looking out the window, staring at those peaceful lights coming from the peaceful village downtown in auradon.

" I know you're somewhere out there
Somewhere far away
I want you back
I want you back

In the isle the girls were sitting in the dark, tired and desperate to get out of the horrible place they are in. Depress is the word that can describe them.

My neighbours think I'm crazy
But they don't understand
You're all I had
You're all I had

Remembering the first kiss they had each other, the perfect night they had together. Now, it's just dark and lonely.

At night when the stars light up my room
I sit by myself talking to the moon.
Trying to get to you
In hopes you're on the other side talking to me too.
Or am I a fool who sits alone talking to the moon?Oh ooh

Harvey looks up to the moon wishing to find Lauren and the others sooner.

I'm feeling like I'm famous
The talk of the town
They say I've gone mad
Yeah, I've gone mad

But they don't know what I know
'Cause when the sun goes down
Someone's talking back
Yeah, they're talking back
Oh

Lauren looks up tears were falling down her cheeks, silently crying, swallowing back all her fears, fears that Harvey might found someone better than her.

At night when the stars light up my room
I sit by myself talking to the moon.
Trying to get to you
In hopes you're on the other side talking to me too.
Or am I a fool who sits alone talking to the moon?Ah
Ah
Ah
Do you ever hear me calling?
Ah
Ah
Ah
Oh oh oh oh oh

Both of them were looking at the moon, one of them looking at the real moon while the other one was looking at the reflection of the moon on the water.

'Cause every night I'm talking to the moonStill trying to get to you

In hopes you're on the other side talking to me too
Or am I a fool who sits alone talking to the moon?Oh oohI know you're somewhere out there
Somewhere far away "

Ellia looked over to Lauren and held Lauren's hand to comfort her. Deep down, Ellia's getting nervous for tomorrow. Julia was fast asleep and Kenzie and Claire are too.

" I miss him, I miss my family." Lauren let out." Me too." Ellia said. Lauren sighed leaning her head on Ellia's shoulder.

" We'll get out of here soon... I hope." Ellia mumbled to herself lowing down her head and curling up in a ball.

Lauren looked down and cried it all out silently.