Beach June 2017

Max comes running out of his room, jumping up and down shouting "Beach day! beach day!" On repeat. He sits down at his place at the table. Magnus hands him a plate with waffles in funky shapes. Rafe is the next to join in the kitchen. He sits down next to his brother and Magnus hands him a place as well. Although his has waffles also in funky shapes along with bacon and eggs.

Alec walks through the front door with a drink tray. Two are coffees and there are also bags with pastries. Alec sets the coffee and pastries on the table taking one of the coffees and handing the other to his husband and kisses him on the lips. "Morning." Alec says.

"Morning." Magnus replies.

"Beach day!" Max says enthusiastically after inhaling a mouthful of waffles. That mouthful not being too full since he's only seven. Rafe giggles and keeps eating.

"Is everyone coming?" Magnus ask Alec.

"Yes. Even Luke and Jocelyn said they would come."

"Good! I'll find us the perfect beach house!"

"I thought we were just going for the day?"

"The day can end with cocktails. Honestly have you met me?" Magnus jokes. Alec rolled his eyes and kisses his husband and grabs himself a plate of food.

~Later

"BEACH!" Max shouts and runs down the sand to the water.

"You need to stay in my sight Max!" Alec calls after him.

"Yes Daddy!" Max calls running into the shallow part of the water. Clary and her daughter following close behind to join Max in the ocean.

Jace, Isabelle, and Simon follow behind everyone with all the bags. Luke and Jocelyn carrying coolers, and Magnus summons the beach towels and umbrellas. Rafe runs after his brother once they've determined a spot to place all their stuff. Simon follows Rafe out to the water and joins Clary and her daughter in the water. Clary is holding her daughters hand and teaching her to swim. Jace and Isabelle join them in the shallower part of the ocean. Simon leads Isabelle out deeper to play in the waves.

Alec and Magnus lay down on their towels and watch their sons play in the waves. Magnus starts making cocktails as well. Luke laughs at the predictability and helps him. Jocelyn watches her daughter and granddaughter play in the ocean, and teach her daughter to swim just as Jocelyn once did with Clary.

Once all the cocktails are made Magnus takes Alec out to the ocean to join their sons in the water. Alec takes his husband in his arms and kisses him as the wave slap against them. Max and Rafe soon see their dads have joined the fun and swim/run over to them. They all start a splash war that Simon and Isabelle join after a little.

Simon and Isabelle were out running through the waves and splashing each other. Simon took Isabelle into his arms and kissed her. "I'm glad we came." He said on her lips.

"Me too." She replied back and kissed him again. "Look!" She added after seeing the Lightwood-Bane's in a splash war. Simon grinned ear to ear and they both ran/swam to join in.

Clary and Jace watched the splashing with their daughter between them. They started laughing uncontrollably when Simon got hit in the back with a wave he didn't see coming.

"You ok?" Clary calls out to him.

"Ya!" He calls back laughing and Isabelle helps him regain his footing. Once he's steady on his feet Max magically sends a blast of water at him. Alec and Magnus laugh. Simon laughs and splashes him back. Max clears the water from his eyes and giggles. Rafe laughs at his brother and starts to head back to the beach for food. Luke and Jocelyn help him find something to eat.

"Why are you sitting on the beach away from the fun?" He asks.

"It's fun for us to watch you all from afar." Jocelyn says as she watches Clary, Jace, and granddaughter play in the water now attempting to make a castle. Jocelyn chuckles to herself when Jace falls over. Clary laughs as well and helps him up.

"Do you not want to smell like wet dog Uncle Luke?" Rafe jokes.

Luke bursts out laughing and pats Rafe on the back. "No Rafe. I love the ocean. Just want to keep my wife company. As well as watch you all. You are an entertaining bunch."

Rafe laughs to himself and smiles. He eats the rest of his sandwich in silence as he too watches his family play in the ocean and build sandcastles.