Chapter 2 - Spiders

Killer had come in around ten minutes later after securing the area, checking for any rouge scents. There was a faint one, but it was there, so he was going to tell Nightmare about it.

Werewolfs had the ability to smell scents, to know where people were and where they wre coming from.

But he got distracted when he walked into the mansion.

He couldn't describe it, but the scent inside of the large mansion just felt right.

It was a faint lemon fragerance for a scent, which was strong in certain places, like the kitchen and living room. He could only follow it, lost by it's smell as he shuffled from room to room. The smell grew stronger as he grew closer to a certain room.

And he couldn't help up open the door and walk inside.

The smell was much stronger inside of the room, making Killer never want to leave. But his gaze was focused on the lump on the bed, of the sleeping skeleton underneath the sheets.

He was wearing a loose yellow short and blue sweatpants, and he was breathing lightly. Half of his blanket was kicked off, leaving the top half of him uncovered. He was cuddling with a pillow.

Killer felt hid soul thumping as he stared at the face, a grey blush covering his cheeks.

It was his mate.

He didn't know how he knew, he just knew when he stared over at the shorter skeleton. Killer had never been so happy before in his life, he felt as if a lost piece of himself had just fit into place.

Killer walked closer to the bed and brushed a hand against the skull, gasping as sparks flew throughout his bones. It wasn't a painful feeling, it actually felt pretty nice.

Dream reacted to, by pressing his skull against Killer's hand further. Killer sat down on the edge of the bed and starting to lightly pet Dream's head affectionately. Dream unconsciously started to shuffle closer to Killer, his body sensing the bond their souls shared.

"Um, this room is taken, Killer," Nightmare said from the doorway, "Didn't you smell his scent?"

"He's my mate!" Killer said, not ceasing his petting as he grinned at Nightmare.

"Well, congrats," Nightmare said, "But you should introduce yourself in the morning and let him sleep."

"Can I cuddle with him?" Killer begged him, "Please? I've been looking for him for years!"

"I won't hold you back, but he doesn't know you," Nightmare said, "He's nice and all, but he'll wake up screaming."

"We're mates, he won't wake up screaming," Killer said.

"Just because your mates doesn't mean he won't scream waking up in a strangers arms."

"But I'm not a stranger, I'm his mate."

"That's not how mates work."

"But we're soul mates!"

"He doesn't-Fine, go ahead. Don't let me stop you."

"Yay!"

Nightmare rolled his pupil and walked off, closing the door behind him, consuming the room in darkness.

Killer adjusted the blankets so he could climb into the bed, ceasing his rubbing of Dream's skull so he could fix the blanket over them both. Dream whinned from the lack of physical contact, his body wanting his mate again.

"I'm not leaving, don't worry," Killer whispered, grabbing Dream lightly.

Dream wrapped his arms around Killer's waist and burried his head into his chest, sparks of soul mate recognition bouncing throughtout their bones. Killer sighed with happiness and rested his skull on Dream's, lightly pressing a kiss into it.