Chapter 1

Hello to anyone who is reading this. I am Cassie. I am 19 years old and I was born in Vancouver, BC. My dad left my mom and I when I was 3, and took all of our money. My mom started prostituting when I was 7, she ended up getting pregnant when I was 10. When my baby brother was born, I was practically and 11 year old mother. In our two room house, me and little Evan managed in one room while Mom had clients in the other room. I even managed to go to school sometimes, I studied hard at home because I knew we were going to eventually run out of money for school. By the time I was 14, my mother was addicted to all different kinds of drugs. By then I had had enough, I went to child services and turned myself and 3 year old Evan in. I haven't seen Evan since I was 14, the service put us in different foster homes; no matter how much I protested. I don't know anything about the family he is with, where they live, or if he is even alive. 

I have lived in 5 foster homes in the past 4 years, all abusive families, I still have the scars to remind me.  The most recent family I lived with while I was 17 was the worst, the mom and dad were both alcoholics and abusive, and their 34 year old son was the devil, I swear. He would watch me sleep at night, but there was nothing I could do about it, and I certainly can't erase the pain he caused me...but that doesn't matter. I am currently in London, I ran away after the son raped me for the third time, I couldn't do it anymore. I went to the parents room and took $2000 out of the safe, packed my things, and headed to the airport. The first two years in London were hard, I managed to find a diner job and got my own small place after a couple of months rather than sleeping in a shitty hotel every night. I started to get ahold of my life, and I was finally happy. When I discovered I could sing, things took a turn for me. This is where my story begins.