Chapter 2-Lunch

It was totally normal. After that day in the practice room, I didn't see him much. I mean sure I saw him around school with all the popular kids but that's it. So, like I said, totally normal. Just a guy who needed the key to a practice room.

"So what're we doing this weekend?" Nina asks when we plop down at our usual lunch spot to wait for Wess. The crisp fall air of northern New York is nice in September, so we staked our claim in the corner of the courtyard like we've done since we were freshies. Orange leaves spill around us as an autumn breeze shakes the tree branches.

"Kinda feeling another movie night with Wess, how about you?" I pick up a soggy fry from my lunch tray and bite down on it. School lunches suck.

"Agreed. We can study for that Physics quiz too." She opens her Mickey Mouse backpack and removes a Stitch lunch bag from its depths. For someone so shy, the girl has guts bringing all her Disney merchandise to school.

"True. Tell me again how Wess convinced us to take AP physics with him this year." I reach over Nina's arm to grab her Pepsi can and I steal a swig. "We're barely a month into the school year and Mr. Spud's already overworking us."

"Yeah, but I might as well take it now, in high school, instead of having to pay for the college course." Nina's always said that if she can't make it as a Broadway star, she at least wants to be a roller coaster engineer for Disney. This coming from a girl who refuses to go on anything with a loop or large hill.

"Well, yeah. It makes sense for you. But I don't need an AP physics class. I still don't even know if I'm gonna be accepted to any of the colleges I applied to." I left out a heavy sigh and shove a few more gross fries into my mouth.

"Really? Where did you apply?" While she speaks, she picks up my fries with a napkin and throws them out in the nearest garbage can. I'm about to protest when she places a spare sandwich on my tray. "I'm sorry, I couldn't stand watching you each those. It was horrifying."

"Thanks." I mutter with a bite of sandwich already in my maws. "But yeah. I basically applied anywhere I can afford without having to get a scholarship."

"You're sure to make it into at least one, Pip."

"If I even wanna go to any of them." I grumble.

"Are you still thinking of doing the music thing?"

"You mean the audition for the performing arts school?" She nods her head and chomps down on an apple. "Maybe. But I doubt I'll get in anyway. Auditioning will be a waste of time."

She swallows.

"You never know. I think you've got a real shot over there."

Just then, Wesley appears, red in the face and sweaty. He puts his books down on the lunch table and seats himself between Nina and I.

"Sorry I'm late."

"The period's half over. What took you so long?" I ask and take the last bite of the sandwich Nina gave me.

"I was across the school, in the auditorium, making out with Suzie backstage." He wiggles his eyebrows at us and I scoff. Suzie is the cheerleader he mentioned earlier in the year. He was dating her by the second week of school. Not that it matters. She'll be gone before long. They always are.

"Any other news?" Nina asks.

"Yeah," Wess sits up straighter. "I finally got my hands under her shirt." He grins wide at his 'accomplishment'.

"Ugh. Definitely not what I meant." Nina shoves his shoulder and I laugh when he nearly falls out of his seat.

"Yo, Wess,"

"Yo, Pip."

"Nina and I were talking about the possibility of another movie night this weekend. You in?"

"No can do, guys." He places his hand on his hips for dramatic effect. "Suzie's dragging me off to Sam Michaelson's house party on Saturday.

Sam Michaelson. Our school's resident jock. You know the type. Girls love him, guys wanna be him. So on and so forth. His parents are always away on business trips so it's easy for him to throw ragers all the time. Although, I don't think his parents care if he throws parties at their house. They have a maid that cleans up the damage before they even get home.

"Let me guess," I start and Nina joins in.

"'You guys should come with us. It'll be fun.'" We mimic the words he's said so many times before.

"It will be!" he says, but I'm not so convinced.

"Ah yes. Because I want to spend my Saturday amongst a bunch of sweaty, drunk teenagers, when I could be home, in pajamas, watching rom coms on Netflix." I set my elbows on the table and lay my chin in my hands. "Wess, I am not a socialite. I don't enjoy hanging around other people unless their names are Ross, Chandler, Phoebe, Rachel, et cetera, and they're trapped in my television screen."

Nina  laughs and starts quietly humming the Friends theme.

"Well then, I guess neither of you are interested in the fact that Hunter Beckett is going to be there," Wesley purrs and Nina's humming stops in its tracks. I sigh.

"Nina, don't let him--"

"Maybe it will be fun."

"My god, Nina, you are such a pushover!" This happens all the time. Wess asks a favor, we turn him down, he somehow ropes Nina in and I get dragged along.

"Fine, I'm not going if you're not." She says, expecting me to say 'ok, fine I'll go if you want me to.' but that's not the case.

"I'm not going."

"Please, Piper. It's not fun without you." Wesley whines, trying to use flattery.

"Well then, I hope you guys love going to super boring parties, because I'm not going."

[A/N] Hope you guys like this chapter! It's just a little more into the friendship of the three of them

[A/N] Hope you guys like this chapter! It's just a little more into the friendship of the three of them. I'm sorry it took so long to update and i'm not sure when I'll update again because I'm working hard on my other story, Gemini (Which I've entered in the Wattys 2018 so pleeeease go check it out!). 

So anyways, don't be scared to vote and comment. I wanna hear some input. Maybe some criticism (Hopefully some compliments 😉). Have a lovely day everyone!!! <3