Chapter 7

"Without granting innocence."

Harry's POV

The next morning, Harry woke up extremely exhausted. He didn't know what it was, he was just overly tired as his alarm went off, alerting him that his mum would be taking him to the hospital soon.

Maybe it was because it had been going out into the cold a lot, or that he was constantly going out now and visiting Louis for the last few days without stopping or maybe he just wasn't sleeping well. His eyes were bleary as he dragged himself into the shower and then yelped because it was freezing cold.

He jumped out of the spray of water as fast as possible and groaned as he quickly cranked the water dial to hot.

A couple seconds later he stepped back under the spray and sighed with relief as the now warm water cascaded over his back. He shampooed his curls, scratching at his scalp a couple of times and mumbled with pleasure at the massaging feeling.

Once all the soap was off his body and rinsed our of his curls he stepped out of the steamy shower and into the uncomfortably cold bathroom. He couldn't even see himself in the mirror because he stayed in there so long and the room had steamed up. He wished it was warmer though because he was sure it was snowing a lot outside and the temperature of the house wasn't as warm as it could be.

After throwing on a hoodie and ripped back skinnies Harry bounded downstairs, glad that the warm shower had woken him up.

"Hey hun." His mum said as her son walked into the kitchen with a smile. She was stood at the stove, frying bacon in a pan. 

"Hey mum." He said back to her as he inhaled the smell of the frying bacon with delight and sat down at the cloth covered table.

"Are you ready to leave when we're done with breakfast?" Anne asked, referring to the hospital and Harry nodded with enthusiasm. She took the pan in one hand and a fork in the other and scraped the bacon onto a plate. "Yep."

She joined him at the table and took some pop tarts out of the pantry.

"Wow mum. Pretty soon we're going to end up in the hospital with type one diabetes." Harry chuckled but grabbed a plate of bacon from his mom and smiled as he took a strawberry pop tart out of the box that she put on the table.

She immediately smacked his hand that was holding the pop tart so it fell on the floor as Harry let out a gasp.

"What the heck mum I was going to eat that!" Harry said and reached for it again before she smacked his hand once again.

"I was getting those out for Louis! From what you described the hospital food over there isn't as good as it is at my work!"

At first Harry pouted but then realized getting Louis decent food was a good thing. Plus pop tarts were gods creation, especially the strawberry kind. Maybe Louis would be happier with better food, Harry hopefully thought so.

Sticking his tongue out at his mum like a four year old, Harry got up and grabbed an orange and began to peel it. He knew if he only ate bacon he would feel bloated and fat all day.

His mum sipped her decaf coffee while her son attempted to peel the orange.

"Can I come in today?" His mum randomly asked a bit later when Harry was putting there freshly rinsed plates into the dishwasher.