Chapter 4

"between the lines of fear and blame."

Harry's POV

Harry got the call two days later when he was sitting down at breakfast with his mum and dad. He was right in the middle of eating a syrupy pancake that he had helped his mum make when the phone rang in his pocket. He was going to ignore it at first but then decided against it and wiped his sticky hands with a dish towel and pulled the phone out of his pocket.

His breath hitched and he quickly got up from the table mouthing "hospital" to his parents as the number he had saved for Stephanie flashed across the screen.

He answered it on the second ring, his heart pounding loudly in his chest and his fingers dancing across the counter top on which he leaned.

"Hello?" He asked nervously and Stephanie didn't even return the greeting. All she said was. "He's awake."

Harry's heart jumped at the words he wanted to hear the most came out of the nurses mouth through the phone line.

Few more words were exchanged before Harry hung up with a goodbye.

Stephanie had said the mystery boy was anxious and in a lot of pain and that they had run the DNA samples and they found out all about him.

Stephanie had said she wanted to talk to him about the boy in person so he still didn't know anything about him.

Harry had agreed to meet her in an hour. His heart was clenching and unclenching along with his fists and he didn't understand honestly why he was so nervous.

"Could I get a ride to the hospital mum?" Harry asked as he sat down back at he table. She nodded with a smile after asking him what time. He knew she approved greatly of what he and his friends were doing for this mystery boy after he had explained it to her when she saw her before and after she went to work the day before.

Harry picked up his fork with trembling hands and tried to finish his pancake but his nerves were shot. He thought he was going to be ready to meet this mystery boy and help him but to be perfectly honest he wasn't. Now that he thought of it, the mystery boy had been trying to kill himself that night and if Harry hadn't stopped him he would have succeeded. And based off what Stephanie and the doctors had presumed about Louis based on his wounds, his life had pretty much been hell before being put in the hospital. And being put in a hospital for a long time probably wasn't the greatest thing ever. He hoped the mystery boy didn't hate him, that would make it hard to help him.

"Are you going to finish that?"

Harry looked up to see him mum and step father staring at me as he slowly traced his fork through his syrup. He cleared his throat and stood up straighter as he mentally shook his head of his dark thoughts. Putting on a fake smile, he nodded and his parents seemed satisfied.

Harry didn't eat another bite though, instead he got up after two more minutes of making shapes out of his syrup, put his dishes in the sink and left upstairs as fast as he could, knowing his parents eyes were burning into his back. They were probably beginning to talk about him right now as well.

He flopped down onto his bed and grabbed his phone and scrolled through Instagram. Bored as usual with the fake gossip, with who is dating who and who punched someone in the face, and who was caught at school last week with weed. It was all boring and Harry thought stuff like fighting and doing drugs were just plain stupid.

He put his phone back on the bedside table after rolling his eyes at his school mates stupid acts. He searched for his tv remote and after finding it under the bed, he turned on a movie. He wasn't concentrating and ended up picking Finding Nemo which he had seen countless times.