Chapter Eleven: Fate's Rising

Upon hearing the news that Domonicai was not returning to Hell, Erin's jaw dropped a bit. Then, her mind began to race. Wait.... He's not returning? But... what would change his mind??? She asked herself these questions, frowning rather deeply. A huff of frustration at not being able to figure this out slipped past her lips. 

"Um...Dom?" She asked, looking up at him with a hesitant shimmer in her eyes. She really didn't know how to phrase the question she was wanting, or rather felt she needed, to ask. 

"Yes, love?" He responded, smiling down at her as if the attacks and everything that had happened in the past week was just a bad dream. He pulled her body closer to his own and the whisper of air that was his inhaling of her scent was soon heard. At this time, nothing was more soothing to him. Then, the worry of now that his being an unbound higher Daemon, other Daemons would come attacking. And if they did, how would Erin remain safe if he was not near? His expression morphed from happy and content to worried and brooding. 

When he responded to her, she dropped her gaze and nibbled upon her lower lip, still trying to word just what was on her mind.  Her silvery hues lifted to meet his own brimstone orbs and saw the look of worry upon his expression. 

"First, what caused you not to go back to hell? I mean isn't that something---" She was soon cut short by his lips crushing to her own in a rather passionate embrace as he pulled her into his lap as she was pulled even closer to him. A low contented growl slipped from the now very content Daemon. 

"Does that show you why I am not returning, Erin? Only for you would I even contemplate giving up my place in Hell. And doing so has put the two of us in a great deal of danger. My love, I am sorry..." He whispered against her lips.

Erin swore she felt the droplets of tears against her cheeks. She wrapped her arms around his neck as she pulled his head against her shoulder. "Domonicai, we will face it together and overcome anything anyone throws at us. This I promise." She said rather firmly.

~End of Book One~