PROLOGUE

On a wet Wednesday morning, Tony Stark woke up in his parents house. He wanted a home for himself so bad, but his parents didn't trust him on his own. Sometimes he hated his parents. He sighed and got out of bed. He didn't bother to look at his clock to know what time it was. He just wanted food and go to his current girlfriend.

He grabbed a sweatpants and a loose shirt. He also didn't bother to dress like his father taught him. He made a face in the mirror while walking past it.

"Tony, honey, are you awake?" He heard his mother say from the kitchen. He yawned while walking in.

"Nope, still sleeping." he answered. His mother just chuckled and continued cooking breakfast.

"Honey, could you please get Jarvis to set the table? He is giving the plants water I think."

"But..!" He sighed, knowing he would do it eventually. He dropped his shoulders and walked through the hall, passing the stairs in the process. He opened the door and wanted to step outside on his bare feet, but something stopped him. He looked down and jumped back.

"uhm, mom!" he yelled, turning around.

"Yes, hun?" she answered with her sweet voice.

"There's a doglike creature in a basket in front of the door!" A few seconds later his mother stood next to him. She let out a 'whelp'.

"Th- that's a baby!' She exclaimed rather loudly. Tony rubbed his ear and gave his mom a look. He knew it wasn't a dog, but it looked like it.

"Yeah, I know" he said in a duh tone. His mother didn't listen to him. She looked down at the basket and saw some sort of letter.

'Let's get her inside, it's too cold outside for a small baby like that.' Maria stated. She carefully picked up the baby while Tony grabbed the basket with the letter.

Congratulations, you are the new parents of our child. She was born somewhere else, but you were the right couple. We didn't want her to be a failure like her sister. Please take care of her. Her name is Serena.

Maria read the 'letter' two times. Who would ever all their child a failure? Why were they chosen? Who were her biological parents? Why would they give her up because of her sister?

Questions that would never be answered.

'Her parents gave her up, she is our child now. That's what the letter said.' She told her other child.

She immediately called her husband and told him everything. He thought it was a trap, but later on he accepted it, even though he thought they were a little old to do this. Tony promised he would help his parents.

Everything was fine for four years. For four years, their lives were perfect. That was until December 16, 1991. That day, Howard and Maria Stark had a car accident. That day, they didn't survive driving to the airport. That day, everything fell apart.

Serena went to an orphanage. Tony wasn't mature enough to take care of her. He protested and tried to get custody, but they wouldn't hear any of it. They kept him away from everything. She got adopted by the Hathaways. Tony didn't know where she went off to. The judge decided that he couldn't know or else he would find her and take her. He was a mess after she left, but his new assistant helped him through everything.

While Tony got a new company, Serena got a new family, a new life and... powers?

I know, this is such a crappy chapter. I hope it'll get better though. I will try my best!