Announcement!

!!PLEASE READ!!

Hi readers!

So this may not be the best time, considering that I am still in the process of writing this story, but I've reached a point where I feel that it is necessary:

Caramel, as of this moment, will be under heavy editing for a number of reasons:

1. I am not happy with the story in its current state; I cannot remember what happens within the story even though I wrote it, and while this is the first draft of the story (with some minor layout changes), I feel that it isn't okay that the story constantly seems to change its tone. It makes for an incohesive and offputting story.

2. As I mentioned, I cannot remember the details of what happened within the story. This is because I took a long break from writing during the course of my second or third term (I don't remember) at uni, and because I changed the layout and titles of the chapters from what they initially were, it has become difficult to look through the story every single time I need to double check small details.

3. There are so many grammatical errors. This is partially because, mid-way through writing, I downloaded the Grammarly ad on to my browser, and I started to get lazy and used that instead of reading through. I know for a fact that the main issue in terms of grammar is that there is a mix of American-English and English spelling throughout. I am English, but Grammarly works using American-English, and for the sake of not having to see any red underlined words, I just went through and changed them. THIS IS ONE OF THE MAIN THINGS I WILL CHANGE.

4. I AM TWEAKING THE STORY SLIGHTLY: The changes will be minor, and hopefully, will do nothing more than help the story flow more cohesively. I do not wish to change the plot or anything like that, but for the sake of my peace of mind, I feel that it is time to do something about the plot.

I will not be removing any of the chapters, nor will I upload the revised versions of a chapter until all edits are made. Caramel shall remain as it is, for now. I only wish that, as readers, you take all of this into mind as you read.

Because the story is going under the knife, as it were, I WILL NOT BE UPLOADING ANY NEW CHAPTERS UNTIL THE EDITS ARE FINISHED. Hopefully, being that the edits are minor, this shouldn't take too long. I ask that you please be patient and that you don't drop the story for this reason.

Thank you for now!

~B~